C4 Forums | Control4

Can't Operate Volume With iOS App

subterFUSE

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at it. Can you clarify what amplification sources? ie is this on receivers, 3rd party multiroom amplifiers, C4 amplifiers (or perhaps on a C4 matrix?) - or on all of them.

I am running an Anthem AVM-50v processor into a Rotel power amp to B&W speakers. All A/V sources go through the processor so the volume is always controlled via IR repeater on the processor.

I am running only 1 room currently.

Volume controls have always worked correctly on the Control4 remote wand, and on Android devices. But all of my iOS devices have exhibited this volume issue. Previously none of the volume up or down commands worked on iOS. After the recent app update volume up works but volume down still inoperable.

I have been running Control4 via an HC300 for a few years with this same processor setup and the old iOS app called MyHome. The volume controls always worked properly. This issue arose when I upgraded to an HC-250 with OS2.6 and the newer Control4 iOS app.

Since the remote wand control and Android app are functioning properly, this must be an iOS app software issue. Also, since the iOS app update the other day caused the volume up to work that proves the app is the cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mines just a basic setup with Dishnetwork. Everything worked fine with mine till the update. When I use the ios app it locks up my system from being changed thru the 250 remote

This one is particularly weird and makes me think some sort of corruption occured.

How long have you had this system? I wonder if it was pre 2.4 specifically and it's because it has the old driver/identify for the app vs the "DIY" license base (even if you do so now, that driver is quite possibly still in there).

Those of you seeing the issue, if you can, please report also through the app itself - try some of your volume changes, and go to Settings->preferences and scroll down to App support and do an "email log to support" with an explanation of the issue, giving as many details as possible (device that does the volume most of all, as per my previous post).

I'll try to recreate things on my system, having lots of different volume devices I hope I'll be able to. That way I may be able to work with C4 tech directly.

This one is particularly weird and makes me think some sort of corruption occured.

How long have you had this system? I wonder if it was pre 2.4 specifically and it's because it has the old driver/identify for the app vs the "DIY" license base (even if you do so now, that driver is quite possibly still in there).

Those of you seeing the issue, if you can, please report also through the app itself - try some of your volume changes, and go to Settings->preferences and scroll down to App support and do an "email log to support" with an explanation of the issue, giving as many details as possible (device that does the volume most of all, as per my previous post).

I'll try to recreate things on my system, having lots of different volume devices I hope I'll be able to. That way I may be able to work with C4 tech directly.

Only had the system little over a year. I believe I was on 2.5 something before.

I want to weigh in on this topic. My system was working fin until the Nov 17th iOS update. Since then, I can not turn the volume down using the iOS app on iPhone or iPad. I can turn it up/mute, just not down. Everything works fine with the Control4 remotes.

I'm using an Extron 16x16 Matrix. Audio sources are Sonos and Control4. I like loud music but this is ridiculous

Like I said, everything was working fine before the update last week. I've sent my log through the app. Please review this update. 

I want to weigh in on this topic. My system was working fin until the Nov 17th iOS update. Since then, I can not turn the volume down using the iOS app on iPhone or iPad. I can turn it up/mute, just not down. Everything works fine with the Control4 remotes.

I'm using an Extron 16x16 Matrix. Audio sources are Sonos and Control4. I like loud music but this is ridiculous

Like I said, everything was working fine before the update last week. I've sent my log through the app. Please review this update.

I've sent my log thru the app and they said they have not had any instances of this problem and have I contacted my dealer

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived