C4 Forums | Control4

Multiple "multiroom"...

I can get my hands on one of these AMX switches that I think can be controlled by an Ev driver.. 

It's an Autopatch/AMX "Precision" 8x8 Audio switcher...

My questions are:

What exactly does this switch do??:

1/ Can I route any RCA input to any/all (for "party mode") output?

2/ What does the driver do? Does it control all of this? Or just volume?? It's says volume on the Ev site..

What I want to do is switch between 2 different network multiroom systems and route them to 4 rooms

I want to use Sonos most of the time, but I also want to able to switch to say 4x Marantz NA8005's for hirez/Spotify Connect some other of the time... and in partic I want to be able to run the Marantz's in "party mode" using the switch and Control4 (potentially) give normal UPnP sucks right now for syncing 4 zones..

So like I want 4 zones (rooms) with 2 main source platforms (either 4xSonos ZP's or 4x Marantz UPnP)

Does this make sense and can this switch and driver do this?

Can the switch be set up and controlled via IP? ?? or some other way outside Control..if the driver is inadequate..

Thanks for all the help !! 

There are a lot of Autopatch drivers in Control4's online database, independent of EV's drivers.

Autopatch should be fairly well supported, at least they were before AMX bought them.

While using a 3rd party audio switch is going to be *slightly* more painful than Control4's solution, they aren't all that difficult, and my personal *guess* is that you wouldn't have any issues.

That said, I haven't personally installed one, and don't know specifically about your model.

RyanE

Ok. So with the 16 port analog Control4 switcher ... I could get the dealer to configure the following:

Say an 8 zone Sonos... With each of the 8 Zone players going into 8 of the analog inputs

Another different music player(say a hirez streamer like the Marantz NA8005) going into the 9th

And a different network player (Say a Spotify connect Gramofon) into the 10th ->

Running out into 8 individual sets of stereo amps.

Can composer then be set up in programming to automatically switch all the inputs correctly, So that when Sonos is called up and played using the EV driver the 8 amps would be fed each Sonos Zp (individually)

And when I say went "play Marantz".. It could be programmed to automatically switch to input 9 and multiroom output to all 8 amps

And when I say "play Spotify Gramofon"... It would do the same on input 10?

Is that how this thing works???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes.

But (I can't resist)

You don't need 8 Sonos unless you want 8 different tunes to 8 different zones.

One Sonos per family member. C4 will pick an unused one for the next song/zone.

If you want the same song in 8 zones the matrix splitters the source 8 ways.

Want one Sonos in 3 zones and another in a different 3 and the Marian in 7 and the gramaphon in 8 that too. Or perm and combs like that.

It can get kinda complicated though Ryan

I'm in two minds to be honest

The simplicity of something like this is pretty powerful 

http://nocs.se/products/ns2-air-monitors-v2

The only additional feature missing in this simplicity is multiroom sync playback. That's it.. Airplay has it. Could it be Spotify Connect multiroom sync playback is just around the corner...??

Solve that and..

That's why I think C4 should add spotify connect to their wireless music bridge....Anyway.. Thanks so much for you and everyones help   :)

Archived