C4 Forums | Control4

Current state of play of full networkable multiroom platforms.

Comments welcome!!! (All my IMHO) And please add others. Full networkable node units only. :)

1/ Sonos. Remains Undisputed king. Been around 7 or so years. I still own. Great C4 driver. Remains 16 bit. Spotify spat a negative. Great and robust multiroom sync and play.

2/ Bluesound. Trying to be a hirez Sonos alternative. Big fail with no digital coax or UPnP share. Great add on cards for some NAD gear coming. No driver (yet). No IR control. But neither does Sonos.

3/ Lots of hirez DLNA streamers from Marantz and Pioneeer et all now hitting market. Part of the new Spotify Connect brigade. DSD and full 24/192 bit capable. UPnP but no proven multiroom sync and party mode. Control of this via third party Control points still remains experimental.

4/ Linn. Not much seems to have changed. C4 driver not nearly as good as Sonos and development seems to have stalled.

5/ Olive One. Promising concept. Limited to 4 zones. Still seems in beta. No c4 driver.

6/ Edit. Logitech Media Server and associated ex (squeezbox) and new players...

7/ Edit. Fusion Research  and Videostorm LMS based multiroom

8/ Edit. Autonomic Controls

Others and Comments?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's important to realise with all these so called "DLNA certified" devices coming out, that these will not necessarily sync in multiroom party mode. That's why we have to this day all the alternative propriety platforms. I find this is often never spelt out clearly .. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived