C4 Forums | Control4

TVs in Australia- options?

dannyboy

Need to add / replace 3 TVs and integrate to C4.

Any suggestions?

IR has worked well on a Samsung model I have, but not so well on an older Panasonic.

I was thinking the Sharp 70LE951x and 60LE951x (200hz HD is where my head is at- don't need 4k) with IP control- thoughts?

Also need a budget 40-50 inch model. Nothing flash for bedroom, will play movies from xbmc and 2d tv only... No idea what to select here... - ideas? What type of driver available?

^ I found the serial drivers better (than IP).. particlualry for the sharp 70"..

To be honest if I did it again, I'd get the best picture quality possible (just use em as monitors) and forget about trying to integrate any of the smart TV stuff.. just use IR ( if  you have to if IP proved to be a PITA . )

I think C4 has lost the plot and the main game with TV's.. but that's my personal opinion. It aint their fault. Blame the media barrons..

I prefer to concentrate on the media streaming boxes...

It kinda comes around again doesn't it.. to where is a list of drivers??

Why we have to put up with this nonsense (as good law abiding ex/current/future C4 customers) when a pimply faced youth with less than 50 bucks to his name can do something better searching the Harmony database is anyones guess... 

Do you mount them upside down? ;)

On a more serious note to OP - Most TVs integrate fine, Sharp has a long line of IP and serial drivers, as do Sony and Toshiba. Others you're more likely to have to revert to IR drivers - which is only a bad thing really if you don't like the little teardrop on the front for mainstream TVs at least - any IR issues you have beyond that on current TVs is more than likely a driver issue.

Stick to mainstream TV brands when shopping around and as far as integration goes you shouldn't have a major issue.

Looking through the driver list the current model Sharps of 60LE951 and 70LE951 do not seem to be listed.

Has anyone used these models?

If so with which drivers and did it work?

I'm currently trying to get a Panasonic 700A IR driver to work and 4 hours into it and  and getting a bit frustrated..

Really do not want to recreate drivers ever again.

Archived