C4 Forums | Control4

Half the icons are greyed out

So, today no tv, no music and no blinds. I would describe that as a bit bigger than a bug, it is half our functionality, more than, actually. What is going on? Lived here for a couple of years and this system is always missing something, every six months some other thing fails. Love an explanation, a fix now, given it is the weekend when we are home and using the system a lot, and an assurance that surely testing can be improved before you push something out. Regression testing, people.

You aren't really giving enough information to help. What is your system? How what hardware are using? What software version? Wifi or ethernet for controller connections? How large of a space? Do your remotes still work? How many rooms is your system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you sure your interface is in the right room? If you are normally in the "living room" and your interface is in the "front door" room you wont have access to the devices that dont exist in that room. 

Also its a good thing you put your dice back in the cupboard......??

Well I have no idea how to even find out any of this stuff! I am going to have to find a dealer. Of some kind! It's all in the same room and was put in By A Man. I just press the buttons, which frankly is wha I expect. I don't expect to have to toggle the Ethernet with a widget and optimise my something or other. Thanks for helping, sorry I am crap. This system is hopeless

Indeed, it seems whatever dealer installed it (or previous owner that sold it) was lacking in training.

The problem is that with the limited info we have at this time, we can't even really determine if there are system issues, or just user 'issues'  (no disrespect intended).

If you haven't had a dealer involved, or have but to no good effect, it may be best to find one to check the system and walk you through how it all works.

Well you sure are all nice and helpful! I fully own my non IT literacy, I know it seems weird to people that know, but I just do not know! I turn on the iPad and press the red four. There are five icons, tv, lights, security, comfort, listening. The blinds are normally in a drop down. Only one blinds is working, dining room. Tv icon and music are greyed out so I can't select them any more. This is how I usually turn the TV on and get Apple tv to watch iview, or to listen to Internet radio etc. so I have no clue how to do this. There are no other rooms available or visible any more. Our dealer? Maybe a cowboy. Fortunately I do have a blinds remote! I've got a contact in Salt Lake City now so if the dealer does not fix it I have someone to call at least, though since I am in Australia we will have to line up times!

Yes we had done all that. However, been out all day, come back and It is working! So, there we are. Someone somewhere did something. Thanks, team

No one did anything unless you called your dealer. No one on here has your account or access to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes we had done all that. However, been out all day, come back and It is working! So, there we are. Someone somewhere did something. Thanks, team

Either your dealer did Something remotely or whatever components that were off line came back on line and we're rediscovered.

Nothing done here.

Well you sure are all nice and helpful! I fully own my non IT literacy, I know it seems weird to people that know, but I just do not know! I turn on the iPad and press the red four. There are five icons, tv, lights, security, comfort, listening. The blinds are normally in a drop down. Only one blinds is working, dining room. Tv icon and music are greyed out so I can't select them any more. This is how I usually turn the TV on and get Apple tv to watch iview, or to listen to Internet radio etc. so I have no clue how to do this. There are no other rooms available or visible any more. Our dealer? Maybe a cowboy. Fortunately I do have a blinds remote! I've got a contact in Salt Lake City now so if the dealer does not fix it I have someone to call at least, though since I am in Australia we will have to line up times!

It sounds like you need a visit by a dealer to sort this out or at least a telephone call wiht an Australian dealer.  Contact my partner Dave in Melbourne. His info is at http://www.coolabode.com.au/contact/

• 2 weeks later...

Archived