C4 Forums | Control4

iOS app (for 2.6) not loading all locks/sensors

I don't know if this was fixed in the new updated version, but it looks like the app isn't very good at verifying that all your sensors/locks are loaded before it lets you use the app, and then it doesn't even force the data to reload in subsequent uses (it is supposed to auto-detect changes now, but if it does a partial load, that's worthless).  My iPhone 5 upgraded to the new app automatically, but it still didn't list all my locks/sensors.  I had to manually force it to sync for them to come back.  I know they were all there at some point, so during an auto-triggered update, it "lost" some of my locks/sensors (not positive this issue is limited to just locks/sensors).

Just really more of a FYI, but I will post again if I continue to see the behavior on the updated app.

I don't think so it affects Yale locks also.  It was a mix of device types not loading.  And I never had this issue before and I'm pretty sure Concord 4 drivers haven't changed.

The locks was the main issue, no visibility or control over locks.  Not sure if my workaround works remotely or is bulletproof either.

It sounds like it simply didn't completely parse the project on it's re-sunch. If it happened this one single time it's probably a fluke or caused by something else (wifi glitch for example). If it's doing it fairly consistently it becomes a different matter.

Oh and an app update doesn't force a re-synch AFAIK.

I've changed plenty in my project and the app re-synched but yet to see it, but I'll test it a bit over the next few days as I'll be making some changes to my system - see if I gewt it to happen too.

It sounds like it simply didn't completely parse the project on it's re-sunch. If it happened this one single time it's probably a fluke or caused by something else (wifi glitch for example). If it's doing it fairly consistently it becomes a different matter.

Oh and an app update doesn't force a re-synch AFAIK.

That's what it looks like.  But I don't recall ever having this issue before 2.6.  It would always restart the sync at next use, for example if you closed the app before it synced.

I think it has happened multiple times but not sure.  I'm already missing items I had before 2.6 (certain relays/contacts), so I'm still getting used to things. I also had been making a lot of changes in Composer that triggered re-syncs.  I guess the new (?) auto-trigger is from C4, not the app, or it would know it didn't completely parse and re-try the next time.

Archived