C4 Forums | Control4

Audio path/wiring issues

I must be missing something simple but my Audio Announcements do not work - text can appear on the Navigators but no audio is coming out.

Current set up is HC 800, C4 Amp, C4 Matrix and Sonos boxes (connects, Play 1s and Play 3s)

I have tried a few different things - just playing on the Play 1 or 3 or just using the C4 Amp/Matrix to play in those rooms - nothing is working.

Mind you, I can put on Sonos and it works in all of these rooms

I have the HC 800 with Audio OUT to the Matrix IN and a Sonos Connect IN (2 outs on the HC 800)

I have the HC 800 Audio IN coming from the Matrix OUT

I have the Sonos Connect IN from the HC 800 as mentioned above

I have the Sonos Connect OUT going to the Matrix IN

I can listen to Sonos in those rooms off the Matrix/Amp no problem, but if I try to send an audio announcement, nothing.  It is a 5 second clip.  I have messed with the delays (from 0-3 seconds) and nothing.

I also notice another audio issue, I have a vintage hifi in the basement.  I put an RCA cable from the Receiver's AUX IN to the Matrix OUT.  No audio is playing, no signal is passing.

What am I missing here?  I gotta assume I am a wire or two off somehow but it seems logical to me.

Thanks in advance

Sonos handles announcements differently.

No wired connection from the HC800 is required into a Sonos system for announcements.

For the HC800 - Matrix - Amp - Speakers rooms, announcements are as they always have been.

For the Sonos Play 1, 3 (5, Bar, Amp, Connect as End Point) then announcements are done in programming section for EACH Sonos device.

So If you have a Door Bell.....

Announcement Agent - "Door Bell" - Kitchen, Living Room, Bedroom, play wav file Bell at volume 40

When button pressed

....Play Announcement "Door Bell"

....Play Announcement File doorbell.mp3 at Volume 35 on Play 1  (this part is found under the play 1 room's device action)

....Play Announcement File doorbell.mp3 at Volume 50 on Play 3

Archived