C4 Forums | Control4

4Sight notifications by text

drmark12pa

I currently have 4Sight text me system status including if any garage doors are open, temperature in house/garage, security system status, etc.

I've set it up so in the email notification programming, there is a space between each item.  However, when receiving the scheduled texts I get it all bunched up.  However, when I manually send email/text while in Composer, it's nicely spaced out evenly as I have it typed.  I've included pictures of the bunched up version (picture 1) which is the automatically sent by schedule version and the nice, sent by manually selecting send email (picture 2) while in Composer.

Is there any way to keep this nice, neat format so I can see the variables more clearly?

post-127996-0-04446000-1417618318_thumb.

post-127996-0-52684200-1417618319_thumb.

Pre- 2.6 you'd need to enter

"\n"

Behind every line to create a break or space. ie:

this sentence ends here\n

next one starts then gets a space\n

\n

final sentence

which would show up like:

this sentence ends here

next one starts then gets a space

final sentence

Since 2.6 this is not needed anymore.

Of course how that email is transferred to text is up to your provider's system so I can't guarantee that your text would be properly formatted in the end.

"\n"

\n

final sentence

this sentence ends here

final sentence

Of course how that email is transferred to text is up to your provider's system so I can't guarantee that your text would be properly formatted in the end.

Thanks for the info!  I will give it a go... also good to know that in 2.6 it has been fixed.

One thing I'm wondering too about email/text notifications is if there has been a change in the email notification template, it appears that you have to delete the old email programming and re-enter it or the new changes are not translated to the old programming for some reason.  One would hope that any changes to the email template would transfer but that has not been my experience.

"\n"

\n

final sentence

this sentence ends here

final sentence

CyKnight,

I tried entering \n after each line and it just comes up with the \n as text after the entry.... Do you use quotes around the \n?

For example:

Garage temperature {variable}\n

or

Garage temperature {variable}"\n"

• 2 months later...

Archived