C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Kodi Lite (XBMC) Driver for Control4

alanchow

Alan,

Do you have a WMC driver? Unfortunately after testing Kodi it seems that that most of my Cox cable channels are protected and wont play. If you don't have one, is there one you can recommend?

Thanks

I don't but Control4 has a free one which I haven't tested.

• 1 month later...

how far off is the KODI Full driver?

KODI FULL is pretty far off. We are still have to finish development and go through alpha and beta testing phases.

If you haven't yet you can always purchase the KODI LITE driver for now. We are offering people who have purchased the lite driver the ability to upgrade for the difference in pricing.

Hi

I am now using Linux instead of Windows with Kodi v15.0 and noticed that I there is some serious lag when coming from resume.

If my HTPC resumes I cannot control Kodi for almost 60s via Conrol4 - anyone else noticing this? HTPC has a static IP.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am using alienware alpha with kodi system and was able to control the kodi with another app in android phone but, after follow all the steps in the documentation I was not able to control my kodi using control4.

The driver information status = disconected

Can anyone please help me to find out what is happening?

Thanks!

Hi,

I am using alienware alpha with kodi system and was able to control the kodi with another app in android phone but, after follow all the steps in the documentation I was not able to control my kodi using control4.

The driver information status = disconected

Can anyone please help me to find out what is happening?

Thanks!

It is highly likely that you have not set 'Allow other systems to control kodi' setup.  Its actually quite common for people to miss this step in the instructions for some reason.  I might have to make it a bit clearer.  Its not sure what an alienware alpha is but if it is android based you will need to quit the app and start the app again for the settings to apply.

It is highly likely that you have not set 'Allow other systems to control kodi' setup. Its actually quite common for people to miss this step in the instructions for some reason. I might have to make it a bit clearer. Its not sure what an alienware alpha is but if it is android based you will need to quit the app and start the app again for the settings to apply.

Thanks for your answer but, I follow all the steps in that document and this option was enable. The only thing that I don't do was restart the system after this chances because I did not ser this instructions. I will do this but I already lost one day of trial to solve this....

By the way, Alienware is a division of Dell that has only gamming machines, this one is running windows 8.

I will do this reboot and let you know if works!

Again, thanks for your help!

Thanks for your answer but, I follow all the steps in that document and this option was enable. The only thing that I don't do was restart the system after this chances because I did not ser this instructions. I will do this but I already lost one day of trial to solve this....

By the way, Alienware is a division of Dell that has only gamming machines, this one is running windows 8.

I will do this reboot and let you know if works!

Again, thanks for your help!

If you require additional time for your trial the driver can be deleted and added back in again to restart the trial. Note that on windows 8 you will not need to restart kodi. Just on android. If all settings have been setup correctly then I would look into firewalls blocking port 9090 and the webserver port (usually 80 or 8080)

If you require additional time for your trial the driver can be deleted and added back in again to restart the trial. Note that on windows 8 you will not need to restart kodi. Just on android. If all settings have been setup correctly then I would look into firewalls blocking port 9090 and the webserver port (usually 80 or 8080)

Ok, thanks! About the firewall I think this is not the problem because, using my Android phone with yatse software the control works perfectly in 80 and 8080 port.

Ok, thanks! About the firewall I think this is not the problem because, using my Android phone with yatse software the control works perfectly in 80 and 8080 port.

Port 9090 (JSON-RPC port) is where 99% of the communication comes from. This is done by setting allow other programs to control KODI up. It is highly likely that you have not set this bit up.

Hi Alan

Support for the new SR260 would be great (custom buttons and new buttons) for both, the "old Kodi lite" and the "new Kodi full" driver.

We have actually implemented this in the Kodi Lite beta and Kodi Full drivers already.

Hi guys, just one question that I could not understand. So there is two available drivers? (Lite and Full) What is the difference?

Thanks!

Yes we will have two drivers (currently on the lite version has been released.  To sum it up Kodi Full is more appropriate for people who want to utilise their Control4 touchscreen, mobile app, etc to browse and search content on Kodi.  Kodi Lite will do limited content (movies only) but for everything else you will need to utilise the Kodi's own onscreen interface. Of course there are a ton of other features which are mentioned on the first post of this thread.

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is this driver called KODI Lite?

Initially we wanted to make the best KODI driver around however as we kept working on it our aspirations just kept getting higher and higher. As such the development efforts and timeframe has expanded exponentially. To get the driver to market quickly we decided to make two drivers. KODI Lite and KODI Full. Kodi Lite is the (as of date) best media player driver on the market with exceptional features. Kodi Full however will be THE best media player driver ever on the market with full library navigation, live meta data, cover art and more. They will be both priced accordingly. Some people won't want all the features available in KODI Full so we've made KODI Lite which is priced to suit. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, finally punchase the kode Lite license but I´m having problems in adding movies to the library. I follow the steps in the document but I get the following error message:

ERR: Movie coverart import failed for some reason.  Inserting movie without art and moving on

Do you have any idea of how fix it?

Hi guys, finally punchase the kode Lite license but I´m having problems in adding movies to the library. I follow the steps in the document but I get the following error message:

ERR: Movie coverart import failed for some reason. Inserting movie without art and moving on

Do you have any idea of how fix it?

Cover art is handled by the web server port. Please ensure that the we server is enabled and that the port specified in Kodi is the same port number defined in the drivers properties.

If you are still having trouble then please submit a ticket on the HouseLogix website.

Hi,

I am interested in using the Kodi driver in the following scenario and would like to know if it will work.  I have 2 AppleTV v1 boxes running Firecore's OpenELEC/Kodi distro.  These ATV boxes also have the Crystal HD cards installed.  I'd like to integrate both into my C4 project and be able to select them as "kodi 1" and "kodi 2".  I'm certain the big issue is that I can only have a single database for movies, tv shows, ... etc. show up in the C4 interface and these 2 boxes will reference that database.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Hi,

I am interested in using the Kodi driver in the following scenario and would like to know if it will work. I have 2 AppleTV v1 boxes running Firecore's OpenELEC/Kodi distro. These ATV boxes also have the Crystal HD cards installed. I'd like to integrate both into my C4 project and be able to select them as "kodi 1" and "kodi 2". I'm certain the big issue is that I can only have a single database for movies, tv shows, ... etc. show up in the C4 interface and these 2 boxes will reference that database.

Please advise.

Thanks!

You will have two seperate databases though I am not sure if our driver will work as the Apple TV 1 (and 2 now) are not supported by Kodi. It may work as our driver should work with systems supporting xbmc versions frodo and above

You will have two seperate databases though I am not sure if our driver will work as the Apple TV 1 (and 2 now) are not supported by Kodi. It may work as our driver should work with systems supporting xbmc versions frodo and above

Oh, so Firecore is running older XBMC code.  If that doesn't work, can I just build a couple of Raspberry Pi 2 boxes to accomplish my goal? 

Two separate databases is fine if it works and I can choose movies from the Control4 movie interface on each Kodi box.  If that doesn't work, can I use a standalone MySQL server and point the Kodi boxes to it?  I still would like to have the Control4 GUI display the content as your driver intended.

Thanks for the response. 

Oh, so Firecore is running older XBMC code.  If that doesn't work, can I just build a couple of Raspberry Pi 2 boxes to accomplish my goal? 

Two separate databases is fine if it works and I can choose movies from the Control4 movie interface on each Kodi box.  If that doesn't work, can I use a standalone MySQL server and point the Kodi boxes to it?  I still would like to have the Control4 GUI display the content as your driver intended.

Thanks for the response. 

Yep.  We are  running our driver on some VideoStorm VRX's at the Control4 stand at Integrate this week. which utilise Raspberry Pi 2's.  Runs surprisingly really fast.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.