C4 Forums | Control4

Harman Pellet Stove with Control4?

howieumd

I have a Harman insert pellet stove, it's the Accentra 52i, which I believe is still the newest model they have out.  I had it installed last year.   I was wondering if it's possible to integrate any part of this into Control4 at all, and if so, how have others done it?

I think I first need to get it connected to my thermostat, if it were possible.  From what I understand, all Harman stoves can be connected to a thermostat as long as the thermostat is millivolt compatible, has gold contacts, is low voltage, and is low current. 

Thus, my first problem.   Currently I have the Honeywell Wi-Fi Smart thermostat and have the HouseLogix driver for it.  I'd prefer to not have to get different a thermostat since I already bought this particular Control4 driver, but these thermostats clearly state that they aren't millivolt compatible.  With that said, I wasn't sure if there were workarounds (as most times there are), as getting it connected to the existing thermostats seems like the easiest route to give it some type automation via Control4.

If it's not possible, what other options do I have?   Are there any type of Zigbee relays I can connect to the controller board of the stove or a different thermostat, which is millivolt compatible, that works well with Control4?   I know there's some basic thermostats like the Honeywell RTH230B or Honeywell RTH6300B that are millivolt compatible that I can probably wire to the contacts of my HC-800, but I was hoping not to need a second thermostat on my wall, and they aren't the most attractive looking thermostats either if I were to swap out my nicer and more intuitive Wi-Fi Smart thermostat for one of those.  Plus those 2 particular thermostats were recommendations I saw in a post from 2012, so not sure if there's anything newer that works.  

Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks!

Just checking in again to see if anybody has any feedback on what might get this to work?   After doing a little more research, it seems like the Card Access Wireless Contact Relay might be an option, but does that work with a millivolt system?   What control options would I get by adding this?  Rather than integrating the pellet stove into my thermostat as was the initial idea, would I be able to instead add this relay and program something along the lines of if thermostat reads X temperature, turn on the pellet stove via the Card Access Relay.....then once the thermostat reaches X temperature turn off the pellet stove?  I'm just wondering if anybody has experience on if this will work before going forward with anything, and if not, any other suggestions?  Thanks again!

Archived