C4 Forums | Control4

Virtual switch

c4user3622

• 1 month later...

Mitch misunderstands what you mean by switch (he thinks you're talking about a light switch).

You want the boolean variable. Can be found under agents -> variables.

I want to have a switch show up on navigator that I can toggle on and off. And then program events from the state of that switch.

Unless I don't get it, the Boolean variable needs an event to set it and will not be visible in any way on the navigator.

I want to have a switch show up on navigator that I can toggle on and off. And then program events from the state of that switch.

Unless I don't get it, the Boolean variable needs an event to set it and will not be visible in any way on the navigator.

You can use custom buttons (another agent) or if you want something with feedback/dynamic labelling my advanced custom buttons driver/4store app

http://www.chowmain.co.nz/advanced-custom-buttons/

Yea the custom buttons would work, I forgot about those.

I tried all the light drivers I could find, no luck. All required identification of real switch.

Interestingly the on screen gui on the TV will not do anything when trying to toggle switch, however the iPad navigator will show the toggling but it doesnt do anything it's programmed to do.

Archived