C4 Forums | Control4

AVM-16A2-B as a stand alone amp

Question, I have the above amp and a dead C4 home theater controller. I'm not interested in reviving the C4 project as I've been through half a dozen htc's that have failed. The amp seems to be fine (aside from the fan noise) so I'm wondering if there is a way to just use a sonos connect as an input and be able to select which speakers to output to without the HTC? I've got several c4-sr250b-z-b remotes, but I don't think they can communicate directly with amp, only the theater controller. It's that true?. Is there any other way to remotely control the amp to select input and speaker output?

C4 was great about replacing the htc's but every time one failed, it was an expensive service call to reprogram, so I don't want a system that depends on a proprietary programming system.

Wow HTC's huh - we've moved well pas tthat.

At any rate, to asnwer your question - no the remotes can only talk to a controller, which then talks to the amp.

You CAN manually assign input/output connections and control volume on the amplifiers however using the fron display and the push and dial knobs.

My suggestion is to set all outputs to one input, then you only need to mute any unused outs, and control volume from it as required.

Possible, but unless it's in a convenient location, very cumbersome indeed.

Thanks for the response. I tried assigning the input to an output but didn't get sound out. Not sure what setting I missed there. Any suggestions?

Also wondering where I might be able to download a manual for the amp if you have any suggestions for that. Didn't see it in the downloads section above.

What do you use in place of the HTC now?

Thanks for the response. I tried assigning the input to an output but didn't get sound out. Not sure what setting I missed there. Any suggestions?

Also wondering where I might be able to download a manual for the amp if you have any suggestions for that. Didn't see it in the downloads section above.

What do you use in place of the HTC now?

Check the volume also. And the volume on the input if that has a variable input level.

Instead of HTC the line moves on to HC 300/500/1000 and then again to HC250 and HC800.

Both the 250 and 800 are excellent pieces of kit and your legacy system would be entitled to upgrade discounts.

If you were running a HTC before the smaller HC250 will likely do you fine.

Archived