C4 Forums | Control4

Bugs in Software 2.6

Having had a few weeks at home and I come across a couple of bugs, some we are aware of and others that could be simple fixes.

Please add any you find or dealers please advise if you have any information -

- remote (150) With not turn volume up or down - sony reciver (1040) controlled via IP

- when playing a DVD movie, starts in the middle, does not do this when playing a Blu Ray - my movies 5.11 (build 2) via Popcorn Hour 400 -FIXED NEED REBOOT PCH -CHEERS CYKNIGHT

- Sony Blu Player controlled over IP - programmed to ramp lights up when pause is pressed and ramp down when play is pressed - does not work - same programming works all other devices - FIXED Was programming the device and not the room !!!! - user error

That's all I have

Gary

The Sony blurry issue your having is not a bug.

I use a Sony blurry (ip control) in my system on 2.6 and the dimming works fine, when I push pause it comes up and then it ramps down on play.

My suggestion would be to remove the blurry driver and all programming associated with it and then reinstall the driver and add new programming.

As others have mentioned, your second issue is quite odd, as the Control4 OS itself *never* tells a device where to start playing media.  It's possible that either: whatever driver you have for the device is sending some 'go to X' commands to the device, or the device is 'resuming' media that it has not played before.  Either way, pretty odd, and not likely the Control4 OS itself (as opposed to a driver).

Your first issue is likely an issue with room bindings for volume, although if you can control volume up and down via other means (Android / iOS app / Control4 touchscreen) and not via the SR-150 / SR-250, then it's likely an issue with the Sony driver for the receiver not responding to all Volume commands.

RyanE

1 - Could ALSO be a bad volume button. Simple to test for dealer - get the remote set to a diffenterent room useing a C4 amp for example and try there (I've had it happen).

2 - If you can and it's setup, try starting a movie direct from the Popcorn interface, see if it does the same, then from MyMovies on the server itself too. Pin down where the issue is coming from - it is indeed bizarre

3 - If programmed properly, this sort of thing is completely source independant. In other words - this should work from a single line of programming based on room level and it either works for all sources or non.

Either it's plainly programmed on Room pause/play command being received - or if you only wanted this on the Blu-Ray, and if statement is added. It should NOT be based on "WHEN bluray player is paused"

Should there be an IF statement added, removing the driver, AND some major driver updates can possibly break that programming (ID number changing internally) - should be an easy fix by re-doing the programming based on the source (in other words, the IF current_selected_device is {blu-ray}

CYKNIGHT,

Rebooting the popcorn hour sorted my movies, thank you very much.

Dealer at a lose over the volume button and getting back to me, he as also swapped out the blu Ray driver and re programmed with

"When pause is pressed turn on living room lights" no IF same for turning off - No joy.

I have used execute in HE and it works fine, but does not work during normal use.

Also new one for the list Apple TV, we can no longer use the up and down arrows - he is looking into that too

CYKNIGHT,

Rebooting the popcorn hour sorted my movies, thank you very much.

Dealer at a lose over the volume button and getting back to me, he as also swapped out the blu Ray driver and re programmed with

"When pause is pressed turn on living room lights" no IF same for turning off - No joy.

I have used execute in HE and it works fine, but does not work during normal use.

Also new one for the list Apple TV, we can no longer use the up and down arrows - he is looking into that too

Can you take a screenshot and post?

Oh and AppleTV - take your original remote, unpair it and pair anew (google will find how/what buttons).

AppleTVs are bizarre in that they lose or lose partial remote registration sometimes - no remote registered, no IR commands (other than pair) accepted. There's a way that seems to prevent this I'm told by doing a reset on the Apple every night - yet to try it, I'll see if I can track the code for the reset.

dd0cca455be090988d6c584b87b746f3.jpgd813526ac672007afa6206b22141708a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't do it that way. Do it on the room level, when the play or pause command is issued.

If you only want it on the bluray put a conditional for the bluray.

That's why it isn't working. If that didn't make sense let me know and I can elaborate.

Yeah that's what I figured was the pause issue:

3 - If programmed properly, this sort of thing is completely source independant. In other words - this should work from a single line of programming based on room level and it either works for all sources or non.

Either it's plainly programmed on Room pause/play command being received - or if you only wanted this on the Blu-Ray, and if statement is added. It should NOT be based on "WHEN bluray player is paused"

• 4 weeks later...

I think this is what Dan means

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2015-01-03 16.23.12.png

Trying to change my own progaming in the same way. All good until I got to my projector. When projector starts, light are dimmed down to 30%. How do I set that variable in room-commands? I´ve tried when videoselection change, but that changes the light every time I change movie or source.

The idea is to set lights to 30% when projector starts, and when the movie is chosen, lights dim to 0% (this is done manualy). If i change movie or source and the proper dim-level is set, the lights should be unchanged.

Archived