C4 Forums | Control4

Mobile Device Authentication Issues

Hi all,

Having a strange problem today.  I have an iPhone, iPad and a Surface tablet all getting authentication errors connecting to my Director.  I'm on the same network as the controller, which is an HC250 running 2.6 software.  I am using the new iOS app.  I can log into customer.control4.com just fine, so I am confident the password is correct, and the password has never changed.  When I log into the mobile app, it connects momentarily and I can actually use it.  However, within about 10 seconds, up pops a dialog  box that says "Login Error  Unable to validate your account.  Please correct the email or password and try again. (401)".  I can't seem to get past it.   The controllers are on wired ethernet and the mobile devices are all wireless, but I can ping the controller from the Surface, so I don't think my router is interfering with things.  Any ideas?  Do I need to reregister the controller or something like that?  This all worked a few days ago, so I am a bit puzzled.  Thanks for any help you can offer.

Jim

Trying to use my iphone app to control system. I get login error saying I need a license. Currently only my C4 remote is listed as a device. Is it true you can only have 1 device registered per license? 

Thanks for any input.

Confused.

Your remote is the only device listed? A C4 remote? That would not be part of any license at all.

As for can you have only one device per license.

If you have a brand new system (mid 2013 controllers and on), or if you got the SITE license before the change - you can have up to 50 active devices.

If your system has a DEVICE license - than that is for one device only.

Archived