C4 Forums | Control4

2.6 advanced lighting scenes -> bugs

Hey guys,

I've been seeing some intermittent issues with a few of my lighting scenes since 2.6. Before 2.6 they were solid. The issue is the lights don't come on (or off sometimes) when the scenes are triggered. Scenes show that they are active, but loads actually aren't. I have LED changes happening when the scenes should fire and those always happen. I have keypads linked to the scenes and their LEDs change, even if the loads don't actually turn on (or off).

I'm seeing issues in 3 rooms primarily. All 3 rooms have Card Access motion sensors (other rooms have them without issues).

Programming is similar for all 3:

Motion sensor resets a timer

Timer checks motion override variable: if false, triggers 'on' lighting scene & changes dimmer/keypad LED color to indicate auto

Timer expires and triggers 'off' lighting scene

Dimmers: if light_state is false, change dimmer LEDs to original colors

-Director is HC-800

-HC-250 is on the same end of the house as these 3 rooms

-System started out on 2.0

-All lighting scenes were converted from the old agent

-All rooms involve multiple loads and keypads (most problematic room has 4 loads and a 3-button)

-Retriggering the scene usually will get the lights to do what they are supposed to (e.g. another motion trigger or manually via keypad)

-On the scenes: tracking is set to "all loads", each load is tracking "at final scene level"

-No programming on the scenes themselves

Stuff I've tried:

-Syncing scenes

-Syncing all scenes

-Rebooting affected keypads/dimmers

-Triple checking programming for old crap

-Checking zigbee signal strength in affected areas--good

-Turning off toggle scenes for all affected scenes

If you have HE, post a screenshot of the advenced lighting agent with the scene involved - is sounds like at racking issue.

The reason it's quiet is becasue it's rare - and in you case bubben din-rail lighting is used far less often than others - especially as the majority on here is based out of north america

I had same issue. can go deeper with setup and findings if necessary but recommend you make sure only one advanced lighting scene is activating at a time. In my system, we set up delays between scene activations and tried 4s, than 6s, than 8s and finally found reliability at 10s delay between scenes. System was solid without delays for over year which I can't explain.

If you have HE, post a screenshot of the advenced lighting agent with the scene involved - is sounds like at racking issue.

The reason it's quiet is becasue it's rare - and in you case bubben din-rail lighting is used far less often than others - especially as the majority on here is based out of north america

I can buy that, but with 2.6 all existence of volume- and lighting-sliders dissapeared, even for ppl in north-america. For me it now takes forever (or at least 3-4 seconds) to go from "very, very loud" to "possible to have a discussion" on my reciever. And when a movie starts it would be nice to be able to slide down lighting, instead of just turn them off.

But I hope this is a issue Control4 is aware of, and plan to fix.

• 6 months later...

Bump!

So, this issue is still happening. It's my own system, so I never seem to have time to fiddle with it anymore or time to call support.

But, over the past few months, I've taken the Card Access motions out of the equation. Issue still happens.

I setup a ZAP for the most problematic rooms on a nearby HC-250 with a separate mesh and added nearby devices. Issue still happens.

I recreated all Advanced Lighting Scenes from scratch and deleted the old ones, thinking that I may have made mistake in converting the old scenes, and there could be residual XML leftover from those. Issue still happens.

My mesh looks good (it looked good before I setup a ZAP, too). The only odd thing about my system is a moderate level of constant data on the network from my IP cameras. But, that was there when the system was acting fine (before Advanced Lighting Scenes). And before I had a ZAP, network traffic wouldn't have been affecting my Zigbee traffic anyway.

All of this funky behavior started once I moved to the new Advanced Lighting Scenes agent. This doesn't seem to be a common problem, so, unless someone has some better idea, I'm thinking it's time to blow away the project and start over from scratch and see if that gets rid of my lighting gremlins. That'll be a big pain, since there is a lot of programming in the system I'll have to redo.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived