C4 Forums | Control4

Grace Digital Streaming On Its Own

I have been experiencing my Grace Digital tuner starting to stream music on its own.  When it does this it is always isolated to the recent playlist.  I am running OS2.6 and the Extra Vegetables driver shows version 8 in Composer HE.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Correct sir.  I actually set up a email notification so when it started "playing" in Composer to try see if I could tie to something.  When I get the email notification I run up to the wiring closet and sure enough it shows that is streaming.  I just can not tie  it to an event.  Like if I choose a lighting scene on a keypad then it starts streaming.

Correct sir.  I actually set up a email notification so when it started "playing" in Composer to try see if I could tie to something.  When I get the email notification I run up to the wiring closet and sure enough it shows that is streaming.  I just can not tie  it to an event.  Like if I choose a lighting scene on a keypad then it starts streaming.

I am running driver version 7.0.8. I turned the auto updates off awhile because it seemed they would roll out an update and my tuner would start doing weird stuff.  I would see what version you are running.  2 times I can remember they did something, EV, and I lost the functionality of the driver.  drove me nuts for days and then I read on EV website the messed something up.   

I assume you tried the usual unplug and reboot, upgrade tuner firmware etc....

Maybe even update driver if a new one is available for you. 

I have tried checking for new firmware and I am the latest version according to the device.  The driver version is 8.0, I have the auto update feature turned on.  As an aside the serial number is gone now that EV has been acquired by Control4.  I have not physically power cycled the unit...I will give that a try.

post-134501-0-98008500-1422401408_thumb.

• 1 month later...

I have tried checking for new firmware and I am the latest version according to the device.  The driver version is 8.0, I have the auto update feature turned on.  As an aside the serial number is gone now that EV has been acquired by Control4.  I have not physically power cycled the unit...I will give that a try.

Any luck finding a resolution?

I am experiencing a similar issue on director 2.5.2, driver ver 8.0 and latest firmware on grace unit itself.

all I am currently using the grace for is streaming Sirius, at times it will randomly start playing a channel, sometimes it is not even a channel i listen to but do have it in my channel line-up since I loaded all by default and have not bothered yet to weed out ones I do not listen too.

thank you

I have not found any resolution. I checked with my dealer to see if the driver would get updated to the new listening experience offered in the new OS 2.7 and the answer was no. I am going to install an Autonomic MMS-2A to replace the Grace Digital. My dealer is actually going to give me credit for the Grace Digital too.

Archived