C4 Forums | Control4

Crestron Integration

vernonB

I originally utilized Crestron for my lighting on my first level.  I have converted over to Control 4 (for the whole house) and have accomplished this with Extra Vegetables® Control4 driver for Crestron (on the first level).  What I have not been able to do is to program my 6 button keypads such that the LED lights up to indicate which button has been activated.  On the other levels of the house, which were not controlled originally with Creston, I have no problems.  Appreciate any help.

I originally utilized Crestron for my lighting on my first level.  I have converted over to Control 4 (for the whole house) and have accomplished this with Extra Vegetables® Control4 driver for Crestron (on the first level).  What I have not been able to do is to program my 6 button keypads such that the LED lights up to indicate which button has been activated.  On the other levels of the house, which were not controlled originally with Creston, I have no problems.  Appreciate any help.

Unfortunately, the Crestron Keypads don't work as well with the C4 system as the lighting products do; the feedback to these keypads is difficult to program as the Keypad driver is actually a keypad *user emulator* for the physical keypad; the feedback from the button press is what drives the C4 system, not the button press itself, so the keypad has to be set as a bell push for you to be able to use the keypad with C4 in a convenient manner (assuming you want the keypad to do things other than *just* lighting).  If you're happy with the Crestron keypad just doing Crestron lighting and not controlling anything in C4, then it can be programmed in D3Pro to do whatever you want and shouldn't form part of the RSD export.

I have replaced the Crestron keypads with C4 keypads.  I am trying to get the LED lights on the C4 keypads to work.

In which case you can happily ignore everything I just said!  I don't think there's going to be an easy way to do this as the Crestron light drivers don't have a BUTTON_LINK connection for making this simple.  You'd need to go through programming against each light level to set the button LED to whichever color you want.

Archived