C4 Forums | Control4

An alternative to Kaleidescape ?

louisraza1

Ok really simple i dont want to sell Rip stuff its for my own personnal. Is there any Blu-ray player i can put my cd on listen it and he will store it on a nas ??? I'm tired of rip dvd from my laptop then transfer it to my nas .... Its to slow... and i only have a c4 media player so i dont see the synopsis on sceen ( only on my 7 inch touchscreen ). What can i buy ?

The entry level Alto is now $2500, but its really hard to beat the convenience, simplicity, and interface.

http://www.kaleidescape.com/products/alto/

But you said CD and DVD in the post so... the Alto doesn't do CDs but the premiere line does. CDs are a different discussion realYour

Sorry its my mistake . I was talking about DVD and Blu-rays...

Do you know how much this system can cost ?

There are different models at different prices.  Houselogix has MSRP listed under each.

https://www.houselogix.com/shop/helix

We wrote the driver for Helix.  If you talk to them about it they can supply you with the driver (http://helixmediasystems.com/control_systems.php).

There are different models at different prices. Houselogix has MSRP listed under each.

https://www.houselogix.com/shop/helix

We wrote the driver for Helix. If you talk to them about it they can supply you with the driver (http://helixmediasystems.com/control_systems.php).

Oh ! Still a 3500k system! Outch for my wallet . Is there anything like this under 1500k for exemple ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Oh ! Still a 3500k system! Outch for my wallet . Is there anything like this under 1500k for exemple ?

$3500 isn't too bad when you consider it is a ripper, NAS & player all in one.

You could probably do something yourself using mymovies to rip to your existing NAS driver and upgrade from your entry level Control4 media player to something a bit nicer.  Our Kodi Lite driver is by far the most popular media player driver being sold at the moment.  You could look at using an android box to play back the content.

The KODI system by far is the most flexible, but also not entirely "turn key" you know. Helix looks promising but is new to the scene and I have a lot of heartburn from Niveus (who used to sell media systems, then quit selling hardware to focus on software, and now have disappeared off the face of the earth and have a domain name parked by HostGator). Just my .02

$3500 isn't too bad when you consider it is a ripper, NAS & player all in one.

You could probably do something yourself using mymovies to rip to your existing NAS driver and upgrade from your entry level Control4 media player to something a bit nicer. Our Kodi Lite driver is by far the most popular media player driver being sold at the moment. You could look at using an android box to play back the content.

Any NAS recommendation ? I will got to change my pc because he dont work with blu-ray

Any NAS recommendation ? I will got to change my pc because he dont work with blu-ray

It really depends on what you want to use it for.  I've always liked the QNAP & Synology NAS drives personally.

Movies , movies and movies... I got a small Wd nas with 3tb for my music and all kind of stuff

if you need a new NAS anyway plus you need a media player plus you need a ripper... if i were you i'd just get the Helix system.

if you need a new NAS anyway plus you need a media player plus you need a ripper... if i were you i'd just get the Helix system.

I think your right or the entry level of kaléidoscope like said before... I will try to find a dealer near me for the helix ( live in canada )

Agree with above... Kodi on a HTPC is the way to go! Rip to mkv using MakeMKV. I've given up all hope on Control4 based media management.

Can i control my htpc with c4 or i got to turn on the computer , select the movie than turn on my projector etc etc ??

Can i control my htpc with c4 or i got to turn on the computer , select the movie than turn on my projector etc etc ??

Using my Kodi LITE driver you can automate all of this.

Select a movie on your Control4 system (via touschreen, mobile device, tablet, etc)

1. PC turns on via Wake On Lan
  2. Projector turns on
  3. Curtains open
  4. lights dim
  5. etc
  6. PC starts up into Kodi (you need to set this up via startup in windows or scripting on other systems)
  7. Driver sends the command for Kodi to play the movie you've selected

Press the room off button on your remote

1. PC turns off via XBMC's shutdown command
  2. Projector turns of
  3. Curtains close
  4. lights ramp up
  5. etc

Using my Kodi LITE driver you can automate all of this.

Select a movie on your Control4 system (via touschreen, mobile device, tablet, etc)

1. PC turns on via Wake On Lan
  2. Projector turns on
  3. Curtains open
  4. lights dim
  5. etc
  6. PC starts up into Kodi (you need to set this up via startup in windows or scripting on other systems)
  7. Driver sends the command for Kodi to play the movie you've selected

Press the room off button on your remote

1. PC turns off via XBMC's shutdown command
  2. Projector turns of
  3. Curtains close
  4. lights ramp up
  5. etc

So i just need a old pc for example with a huge memory to store all my blu-rays and put your program on it.

I'm tired of rip dvd from my laptop then transfer it to my nas .... Its to slow... and i only have a c4 media player so i dont see the synopsis on sceen ( only on my 7 inch touchscreen ). What can i buy ?

dune + NAS(synology) + mymovies

I map windows network drive to NAS and rip directly to the mapped network drive. 20-30 mins per Bluray/DVD RIP, mymovies create synopsis almost instant after dvd/bluray is ripped.

dune + NAS(synology) + mymovies

I map windows network drive to NAS and rip directly to the mapped network drive. 20-30 mins per Bluray/DVD RIP, mymovies create synopsis almost instant after dvd/bluray is ripped.

+1 only with popcorn hour instead of dune.

Archived