C4 Forums | Control4

Synapse Driver thoughts? I'm tempted

BREAL

What's everyone's thoughts on the Synapse Follow me Geofence driver? Here's a link about it:

http://c4central.com/2014/10/04/followme-geofence-by-synapse/

Does anyone have it installed? I'm tempted to implement it in my system, and just wanted to hear some feedback first. How great is it and how customizable is it?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love it so far.  Here's what I've done with it:

1. Arrive at Location Home Open Garage - both wife and I

2. Arrive at Location 1 - send message to Wife that I've arrived

3. When =< 5 miles set Nest to Home - when I leave I have a button that arms the security system and sets my Nest to away, so it starts it back up when I am close

4. Distance to Home <= 2 miles - send message to wife I am on my way home and about 2 miles out.

Works well!

Since it knows the GPS location of the device, I would really like it if it could pop up a map in the navigator and show where the person was.  Not for stalking, but if I needed something while my wife is out or vice versa, I could know that she's not already close to home, so pick up XYZ.

http://www.c4forums.com/topic/13610-followme-find-my-iphone-geofence-driver/

I'm not expecting you to read the whole thread, but your question "does anyone have it installed" leads me to believe you either didn't search or didn't use the right terms ;)

The search on this site never returns what I want. I usually use google to search for anything here. E.g. :

"site:c4forums.com follow me"

That always lands better results. But that's just my experience.

What's everyone's thoughts on the Synapse Follow me Geofence driver? Here's a link about it:

http://c4central.com/2014/10/04/followme-geofence-by-synapse/

Does anyone have it installed? I'm tempted to implement it in my system, and just wanted to hear some feedback first. How great is it and how customizable is it?

Thanks!

Let me rephrase this what's everyone's thoughts about Synpase Geofence driver? I'm curious what everyone has done as far as customizations, just like @marklabelle870 told me what he has done that was incredible!  I was sold after his reply!

After searching this forum last night, I had a hard time finding what people thought about the Driver and what everyone has done with the driver as far as customization's go.  I will now definitely be hooking this up to my garage door that's a great idea!  I really want this post to be about what people have done with the driver.  What else has everyone on this forum done with the driver as far as customizations?  

Thanks!

http://www.c4forums.com/topic/13610-followme-find-my-iphone-geofence-driver/

I'm not expecting you to read the whole thread, but your question "does anyone have it installed" leads me to believe you either didn't search or didn't use the right terms ;)

Let me rephrase this what's everyone's thoughts about Synpase Geofence driver? I'm curious what everyone has done as far as customizations, just like @marklabelle870 told me what he has done that was incredible!  I was sold after his reply!

After searching this forum last night, I had a hard time finding what people thought about the Driver and what everyone has done with the driver as far as customization's go.  I will now definitely be hooking this up to my garage door that's a great idea!  I really want this post to be about what people have done with the driver.  What else has everyone on this forum done with the driver as far as customizations?  

Thanks!

Off the top of my head, I've got a lot of setup to turn off everything in the bedroom off when both my and my wife's iPhone leave the house.  I wouldn't do anything with the garage door, but I do turn on extra exterior lighting depending on the time of day.  I do unlock the front door but right now my garage is full of junk so we aren't using it for entry.

I do some basic stuff with ceiling fans.

You have to be careful with common areas too if you have kids.  That's why most of my programming has concentrated on master bedroom.

It's a great driver. I've been using it since day one.

I have mine do a long list of things. A couple are as follows.

I have a rather long drive to work and when the weather is crappy in the winter it messages my wife to let her know I arrived at the office safely. I use it in conjunction with theory's weather driver for this.

I also have it tell me when my kids arrive and leave school. Just in case they decide to skip out for the day!!

As far as beacons go, we can develop a driver that can tie into our Home Notify (geo fencing driver). Which brands of beacons would you be interested in? What special features would you guys want?

Sorry for hijacking your thread.

No worries at all! I had no clue about beacons it's been interesting learning about everything.

As far as beacons go, we can develop a driver that can tie into our Home Notify (geo fencing driver). Which brands of beacons would you be interested in? What special features would you guys want? 

I have FollowMe but I still might be interested.  I really don't know what all is out there--I haven't kept up since there has been no C4 integration.  Originally I was interested in beacons from this company because I was happy with their Geohopper app:

http://twocanoes.com/

i remember with the old driver i could do a conditional command i.e.

if my wife's iphone is home and then my iphone leaves fire a command off.

looks like i cant do it now with the new version...is this true, or am i missing something.

Is the android version really "coming soon"?

I would still like to know what you need to do to get the updates and support for this driver if its  from EV ?

Have your dealer move you back to the Synapse version which is still available on their website?  Email the folks at Synapse and ask them the procedure? 

Is the android version really "coming soon"?

Yes, however, it is a little behind as we are currently developing a number of drivers for our customers which take priority over our own. With that said I want his working more than most as my GF uses a droid. I will check and see what we I can do to get this bumped up. 

This one looks good.  I like the battery power (5 years!), made in USA, and bulk pricing:

https://roximity.com/model-x/

Have no idea what all is out there though, like I said.

I am in the process of speaking with the guys over at twocanoes. But will contact them as well.

What features are you guys interested in seeing? The more I have the better we can judge  which product will work best.

Liran

Archived