C4 Forums | Control4

You dealers who hang it on me on this forum are a total bunch of losers!!!!

I've tried to help you out... but you just throw crap back in my face...

So what's the point bashing my head against a brick wall?

I resign. I won't be contributing anymore around here...

You got what you asked for.

I meant well (and I happen to like you all) and I'm on your side.....but i can't help you anymore..

So long you dopes .

(If you want the real post: shoot me a PM.. )

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen some of that post. I'm sure I'll get flak for saying this - fine so be it.

Wap, get of your effing high horse dude.

Some of the highlights include:

"I am your saviour.. I will lead you to the promised land.."

"I am going to put you onto that train and open your eyes, if it's the last thing I do.."

"This is why I've been preaching the obvious to you guys."

"I'm trying to do you a favour and open your eyes and save your arse!!!!"

I'll leave out some of the more colourful examples.

Seems like you have some delusion of grandeur.

Of course you know exactly how everything should work Wap. You're the great visionary, the seer, you know how everything should work. You have ALL the answers. All hail Wapstradamus.

And you find it odd you get some pushback? And when you do - you're sore in the rear about it.

I made it personal? Well I'll leave some of the personal stuff you said to me out shall we?

I've seen some of that post. I'm sure I'll get flak for saying this - fine so be it.

Wap, get of your effing high horse dude.

Some of the highlights include:

"I am your saviour.. I will lead you to the promised land.."

"I am going to put you onto that train and open your eyes, if it's the last thing I do.."

"This is why I've been preaching the obvious to you guys."

"I'm trying to do you a favour and open your eyes and save your arse!!!!"

I'll leave out some of the more colourful examples.

Seems like you have some delusion of grandeur.

Of course you know exactly how everything should work Wap. You're the great visionary, the seer, you know how everything should work. You have ALL the answers. All hail Wapstradamus.

And you find it odd you get some pushback? And when you do - you're sore in the rear about it.

I made it personal? Well I'll leave some of the personal stuff you said to me out shall we?

You're a real "Class Act" CyKnight... AMAZING!!!!!!!

Isn't there am "ignore" function on this forum? That way posts from people who you know are just going to bother you don't even show up. I've seen it used on many other forums with good results. I'd hate to alienate the dealers we have here.

Sigh....

This is what we have evolved into...  and I'm not just referring to this forum.  Consumers believe manufacturers, retailers, and dealers are out to cheat them. Retailers and Dealers think consumers are out to bankrupt them or ruin their way of life.  No one trusts anyone anymore, everyone is out to get everyone else.

Wap, your a good Chap who is very passionate about business and Control4.  Sometimes you just have to temper your remarks, give the classic book "How to win friends and influence people" a read if you haven't.  Its an eye opener and very applicable to this situation. If you want to make a point about something that does not directly affect the original post just make a new thread, easy enough. Keeps things on a better track. 

Cyk, your not "just a dealer". I don't think anyone here believes that.  You're a valuable asset to the forum and I'm glad your a frequent contributor.  I would make a suggestion though, and I think generally you follow this line of thinking, stay silent on subjects such as this or those that involve dealer vs consumer, consumer vs C4, etc.  Becoming argumentative or occasionally throwing intentional or unintentional jabs just increases the perceived tension.

Just read a good article: http://thefederalist.com/2014/01/17/the-death-of-expertise/ that I think is also relavent in this forum.  Cyk you are a proven Expert, and again thank you for your contributions.  There are other dealers and C4 employees here who are also obviously experts.  I'd like to also thank you for your contributions. One of the underlying drivers behind many of these arguments is that not all dealers are "Experts", thats obviously clear I think to everyone.  When you combine that with a group of well educated, passionate, consumers its going to lead to heated discussions. 

HAPPY Pi DAY!!!!

i always rather enjoyed WAP's threads and comments....not that i agreed with them all, but hey..im a dealer, sucky beta tester and end user all rolled in 1

and forums = discussions

not sure what i missed,,not taking sides...but really guys???

its just c4...not what i would consider end of days subject matter

^No CY. I think you are great. But it was you who called me a complainer.

You got it wrong. 

It's not complaining. It's pointing out why you guys are blind and can't see how the model is directly effecting you . That in the end it will bring you down....

You never see this: Because you don't do the spend....

Control4 clearly doesn't listen to consumers... So we can't change it. CHANGE has got to come from YOU. It's got to be forced by the dealers.

If things go belly up... the platform will survive like a squeezbox.. it is YOU who will be more effected.. so do something about it!

Sure I might post colorful stuff. But I do this for a reason: to make you guys wake up and try and realise what's going on..

Any other way seems to fall on deaf ears.... This is why I do it...

Anyway here is the OP. Just for the record:

"LOL!!

You wanted me to start a different thread?

Well you asked for it. 

Am I"drunk".. NOPE

Am I a Complainer? WRONG

I am your saviour.. I will lead you to the promised land..

I am going to drag you all.... two guns blazin' like Dan Wade from my favourite Movie the 3:10 to Yuma.... onto that train...

Don't know that movie or story?..well watch it you losers..

I am going to put you onto that train and open your eyes, if it's the last thing I do..

Why?

'cause  as Dan Wade says.. I'm pointing out the flaws in this stupid C4 model "simply because its the right thing to do

So Guess what you fools...

That wonderful young dynamic company Spotify has just upgraded their osx app so that it now behaves like the ios app..

I click ONE button on the app..and presto..I'm upgraded (woo..gee free of charge..now what a miracle!!! ) and now I'm seeing my Pioneer Spotify Streamer on my network and controlling it from within the glorious Spotify app... it took me all of 0.5 seconds... and no dealer in sight.. because quess what he's not available as it's 11pm... Oh.. now there is a surprise !

No Sonos.

No silly backward American "Willy Lowman" white shoe salesman outdated dealer model..

No third party driver distributor bitchin and moaning. No confusion about how/why I have to pay a third time for the same app ..on the same  platform (that gee.. I have already installed and paid for!)..   

No bunch of losers sayin "well what's the big deal about Spotify Connect?"

Well get off your backsides and take a look you losers..

Before you are all out of a job...

This is why I've been preaching the obvious to you guys.

HAVE I GOT YOUR ATTENTION

I'm trying to do you a favour and open your eyes and save your arse!!!!  

Don;t like what I'm sayin? Find it "Un-American" that a company from Europe has done all this and even beats Apple at it;s own music game?

That a guy can buy a Pioneer streamer off ebay, ship it around the world, download a spotify app and do it all without a silly Uncle Sam company and an outdated third party distributor or someone who's tech 3 Control4 certified??...

...well tuff. It aint my problem..

So get on board and convince Control4 to change it's archaic model. RIGHT NOW...

I'm on YOUR SIDE you dopes! 

:)

Good luck guys. Looks like you will need it. Over out.

^No CY. I think you are great. But it was you who called me a complainer.

You got it wrong.

It's not complaining. It's pointing out why you guys are blind and can't see how the model is directly effecting you . That in the end it will bring you down....

You never see this: Because you don't do the spend....

Control4 clearly doesn't listen to consumers... So we can't change it. CHANGE has got to come from YOU.

If things go belly up... the platform will survive like a squeezbox.. it is YOU who will be more effected.. so do something about it!

Anyway here is the OP. Just for the record:

LOL!!

You wanted me to start a different thread?

Well you asked for it.

Am I"drunk".. NOPE

Am I a Complainer? WRONG

I am your saviour.. I will lead you to the promised land..

I am going to drag you all.... two guns blazin' like Dan Wade from my favourite Movie the 3:10 to Yuma.... onto that train...

Don't know that movie or story?..well watch it you losers..

I am going to put you onto that train and open your eyes, if it's the last thing I do..

Why?

'cause as Dan Wade says.. I'm pointing out the flaws in this stupid C4 model "simply because its the right thing to do!

So Guess what you fools...

That wonderful young dynamic company Spotify has just upgraded their osx app so that it now behaves like the ios app..

I click ONE button on the app..and presto..I'm upgraded (woo..gee free of charge..now what a miracle!!! ) and now I'm seeing my Pioneer Spotify Streamer on my network and controlling it from within the glorious Spotify app... it took me all of 0.5 seconds... and no dealer in sight.. because quess what he's not available as it's 11pm... Oh.. now there is a surprise !

No Sonos.

No silly backward American "Willy Lowman" white shoe salesman outdated dealer model..

No third party driver distributor bitchin and moaning. No confusion about how/why I have to pay a third time for the same app ..on the same platform (that gee.. I have already installed and paid for!)..

No bunch of losers sayin "well what's the big deal about Spotify Connect?"

Well get off your backsides and take a look you losers..

Before you are all out of a job...

This is why I've been preaching the obvious to you guys.

HAVE I GOT YOUR ATTENTION

I'm trying to do you a favour and open your eyes and save your arse!!!!

Don;t like what I'm sayin? Find it "Un-American" that a company from Europe has done all this and even beats Apple at it;s own music game?

That a guy can buy a Pioneer streamer off ebay, ship it around the world, download a spotify app and do it all without a silly Uncle Sam company and an outdated third party distributor or someone who's tech 3 Control4 certified??...

...well tuff. It aint my problem..

So get on board and convince Control4 to change it's archaic model. RIGHT NOW...

I'm on YOUR SIDE you dopes!

:)

Good luck guys. Looks like you will need it. Over out.

Wap

If you can do it better nothing prevents you from competing with c4 or taking a controlling interest in the company....

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I don't like spotify. maybe this belongs in a Pandora or Slacker or ITunes forum?

I have C4 and access to the devices, hardware and services I need. I listen to the services daily and have not needed to call a dealer for music since the day my system was installed over a year ago. Guess I am in the minority.

Thanks for showing us the light. I'll go give spotify a shot ON MY ALREADY EXISTING C4 SOLUTION that has spotify as one of 10+ options.

Maybe the apple home kit will give you spotify connect.

Oh wait it's been over a year and still no home kit hardware or platform. Must be next to apples car play hardware that was taking over the automotive industry.

And you think Apple or Google will make all streaming services easy to install and full featured when they also have their own streaming competitive services??

You know wap, if you refrained from calling people losers or fools or dopes it might better your cause. You would have been banned for 24 hours on any other board I've been on. Zeal is good... but you keep losing sight of the line because you've crossed it too many times.

^ Egg.. Geez man.. it's not about Spotify persay..

It's about how they go about supporting and upgrading their software..

how they develop apps. how WAY better it is as a consumer experience..

How  WAY better this is than the rubbish we have to put up with Control4..

I could have used a myriad no. of different examples.. 

I used Spotify simply because this change hit my computer late last night and I could do it all myself in 1 second flat.. 

I don;t know what else to say... :)

You know wap, if you refrained from calling people losers or fools or dopes it might better your cause. You would have been banned for 24 hours on any other board I've been on. Zeal is good... but you keep losing sight if the line because you've crossed it too many times.

Nope I did this because it's the only way to wake em up..

Nothing else seems to do it...

I simply have lost patience.... 

Someone has to cross this line....

Nobody else seems to want to do it..

Are we all going to just sit around and "chat" whilst the train goes hurtling off the track.. (again)....? 

Nope I did this because it's the only way to wake em up..

Nothing else seems to do it...

I simply have lost patience....

You do realize none of the dealers here have much influence w c4 right? Email Martin

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

^ Egg.. Geez man.. it's not about Spotify persay..

It's about how they go about supporting and upgrading their software..

how they develop apps. how WAY better it is as a consumer experience..

How  WAY better this is than the rubbish we have to put up with Control4..

I could have used a myriad no. of different examples.. 

I used Spotify simply because this change hit my computer late last night and I could do it all myself in 1 second flat.. 

I don;t know what else to say... :)

90% of your posts are about Spotify.

I had a Samsung DROID Charge Android cell phone.  Flagship model.  first 4G phone for Samsung to run Android.  I purchased it 2 weeks after release.  Within ~4 months Android 4.0 was released.  Huge release, one of the biggest ever.  My 4 month old phone was elected to NOT get the upgrade by Samsung/Verizon, so guess what, my 4 month old phone, still 3/4 of a contract to go, was going to be old and outdated.  There were apps I couldnt run on there, even Google based apps.  Should we gather as a forum now and buy Samsung so this never happens again?

Companies change technology and platforms.  Its a consumable good.  Things change.  People upgrade iDevices or Android devices every few years.  So now some people have to upgrade a touchscreen - that is life with technology.  If you do not like change, do not invest in technology products for your day to day life.  Not all apps work on iDevices and some apps do not work on Android.  The world of technology is not 100% compatible.  I have an iDevice, my girlfriend has an Android, good luck for us finding various hardware/platforms where we both have access to the same services and features.

What other full fledged home automation services are offering your Spotify connect?  Maybe there is no market place for it, so it is not available.  All because 1% of the population wants something, everyone else does not have to change their business model.  How many registered users are there here in the C4 forums?  Assume a decent % are dealers and some are interested in the product but do not own it.  I'd be shocked if 5% of all home owners who have C4 are on this forum.  Goes to show, that the platform is probably servicing 90%+ of their customer base and those people live day to day with the platform and likely are not shouting from the skies that the world is coming to an end over 1 random piece of hardware getting a proper driver.

If you think the DIY world is up to speed, go to the AVS Forums.  Lots of DIY people on there.  And they are all hit snags, whatever hub of choice they pick they cannot incorporate something or other, have compatibility issues as well, etc.  No system is 100% perfect.  When Apple (if they do) release home kit, you think its going to be friendly towards Android users?

I really cannot see all the belly aching.  Its a tech product.  And honestly, I have security functions incorporated into Control4.  I am kinda happy there are checks and balances.  I would not want to mess up my alarm, smoke/CO detectors, security cameras, etc.  I am rather techie and do enjoy DIY, but something that has cost me $10,000's and has some security functions, I am kind of glad that a bulk of my system is maintained by someone with experience I trust.  You love your Spotify update - its a music service.  Its not incorporating lights, HVAC, audio, video, cameras, fans, fire places, blinds and who knows what else.  You really cannot compare updating a streaming music service application with the updating of a platform the size of C4.  If you cannot see that, then oh well.

^ Wrong.

Spotify is way more complicated than Control4...

It has hundreds of millions of users..  Millions and millions of lines of code..

It links with facebook and several other company apps.. It is now managed and controlled within every users network and home.. All from the cloud..

It can be operated on multiple platforms. All upgradeable in a second.. by the end user...

It's now embedded in dozens of third party products. Somehow a little Scandinavian company that started off smaller than C4 managed to do that..

Control4 tried once. (with Sony) and every user who bought that product paid for it.. 

Archived