C4 Forums | Control4

Pentair Pool

South Africa C4 user

It would be nice to see improved compatibility with Pentair pool systems, including:

1. The ability to order the auxiliary functions linked to Pentair in something other than numerical order for displaying on the navigator.

2. The ability to trigger an event (e.g, to control an LED) when a Pentair auxiliary switch changes from on to off and vice-versa

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi Thanks for the great feed back we are always looking for what people are actually using when we release drivers, as you may well know we did update the Pool Spa proxy to enable us to add these features into the driver, we just need to get round to updating the Pentair driver to incorporate the new requests.  I can't guarantee anything but i will certainly but these requests into our backlog items.

Hi Thanks for the great feed back we are always looking for what people are actually using when we release drivers, as you may well know we did update the Pool Spa proxy to enable us to add these features into the driver, we just need to get round to updating the Pentair driver to incorporate the new requests.  I can't guarantee anything but i will certainly but these requests into our backlog items.

Jamie, appreciate your participation.  Just wanted to highlight a couple of threads where customers have highlighted the new pool drivers do not work correctly with Jandy iAqualink systems.  Specifically,  the C4 app will turn on the heater, falsely report it's off, and then will not allow you to turn it off.    Grateful if you could pass along for resolution. 

http://www.c4forums.com/topic/17094-pool-heater-status-not-displaying-correctly-on-control4-app/?hl=jandy

http://www.c4forums.com/topic/17241-control4-jandy-iaqualink-pool-heater-issue/?hl=jandy

• 1 month later...

I have been adding to my Pentair pool system recently and, as a result playing with the integration to C4. Given that C4 (Jamie) has been reading this thread, I thought it worth adding some more suggestions :-)

1. The ability to control features on the Pentair system not just Auxillary circuits (features usually link up multiple Auxillary circuits and or pump speeds etc).

2. The ability to control pumps and pump speeds directly as the Pentair PC app does.

3. Removing (or fixing) the annoying little F that still appears next to the temperature (in the ring) even when one has everything set to centigrade / Celsius

4. The Has spa tick box regularly gets lost and defaults to unticked... This means the spa screen disappears until one has it re-ticked in composer.

5. Some variables that are exposed don't work when one sets them (e.g. Point 4 above began to irritate me so I set up a custom button to set the variable HasSpa to true... But this does nothing).

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I am happy to announce that we are currently working with Pentair on developing a driver for their i10 system. We will also be launching a driver for their IntelliBrite LED lighting control.

Please feel free to PM, email, or post features. We will be setting up a Beta Team for this once development is done.

• 2 weeks later...

Great news, as I just installed a pool with the Pentair I9+3 box and a 5X slave. I see that your driver mentions i10 (didn't know about that).

Will it also work with i9?

How will the driver interface with the Pentair unit?  Will it speak directly over the network, or will it require the Pentair serial interface to the Controller?

The serial interface appears to be a $700 spend and runs at 9600bps, so it feels like very old technology...

• 6 months later...
On July 1, 2015 at 1:32 PM, jamiehawkins said:

We have done some addition work around the Control of the Jandy that will resolve both the reported issues unfortunately they did not make it into the 2.7.2 release.

Hi, has this been resolved yet?  Just checking, as I have my whole pool controlled by iAqualink now and would like integrate into my Control4 system.  Thanks.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, thecodeman said:

Curiously, what does this get us differently than the Control4 driver? The layout looks different which is nice not to have to tab to the different properties.

Our new Pentair driver works with Pentair's latest Intellitouch systems while the old C4 driver only works with the out of date i9.

Our driver also takes advantage of the latest proxies available from control4.

On 14/09/2016 at 9:34 AM, thedriverslab said:

Our new Pentair driver works with Pentair's latest Intellitouch systems while the old C4 driver only works with the out of date i9.

Our driver also takes advantage of the latest proxies available from control4.

I was going to ask if your driver works with i9 as I always thought that I had an i9 (maybe because the driver references i9) but I have just been out in my pumproom and my box says it is an i10... I assume that means the old C4 driver also work with i10?

I have been hoping that C4 will deal with the bugs in their driver and add some features. Now I am faced with the choice of spending money on a new driver or staying with what I have (basic integration to C4) and a pretty good Pentair App (which has improved significantly over the last year or two in fairness to them). So a few questions:

1. Does your driver have a trial period?

2. Does your driver deal with all the points listed below?

3. Does your driver link in with the Intellichem stuff?

4. Will you be updating your driver from time to time?

Thanks!

On 15/03/2015 at 9:41 PM, South Africa C4 user said:

It would be nice to see improved compatibility with Pentair pool systems, including:

1. The ability to order the auxiliary functions linked to Pentair in something other than numerical order for displaying on the navigator.

2. The ability to trigger an event (e.g, to control an LED) when a Pentair auxiliary switch changes from on to off and vice-versa

On 23/05/2015 at 10:52 PM, South Africa C4 user said:

Another item that should be added here is the ability to control the light colour as one can from Pentairs own app...

On 14/08/2015 at 9:33 PM, South Africa C4 user said:

I have been adding to my Pentair pool system recently and, as a result playing with the integration to C4. Given that C4 (Jamie) has been reading this thread, I thought it worth adding some more suggestions :-)

1. The ability to control features on the Pentair system not just Auxillary circuits (features usually link up multiple Auxillary circuits and or pump speeds etc).

2. The ability to control pumps and pump speeds directly as the Pentair PC app does.

3. Removing (or fixing) the annoying little F that still appears next to the temperature (in the ring) even when one has everything set to centigrade / Celsius

4. The Has spa tick box regularly gets lost and defaults to unticked... This means the spa screen disappears until one has it re-ticked in composer.

5. Some variables that are exposed don't work when one sets them (e.g. Point 4 above began to irritate me so I set up a custom button to set the variable HasSpa to true... But this does nothing).

Hi,

Yes, there is trial period for ALL drivers developed by TheDriversLab.

Yes, we are constantly working to resolve some of these issues. However, we are limited by what control4 allows through their proxy as we are no longer able to design custom UI's.

I have spoken with Pentair regarding the integration of their Intellichem, we are checking to see if it is possible to integrate.

Like all our drivers, we constantly update our drivers as needed or when new features are requested and implemented.

On 9/18/2016 at 10:59 AM, South Africa C4 user said:

I was going to ask if your driver works with i9 as I always thought that I had an i9 (maybe because the driver references i9) but I have just been out in my pumproom and my box says it is an i10... I assume that means the old C4 driver also work with i10?

I have been hoping that C4 will deal with the bugs in their driver and add some features. Now I am faced with the choice of spending money on a new driver or staying with what I have (basic integration to C4) and a pretty good Pentair App (which has improved significantly over the last year or two in fairness to them). So a few questions:

Thanks!

• 10 months later...
On 12/15/2015 at 0:09 AM, thedriverslab said:

Hi,

I am happy to announce that we are currently working with Pentair on developing a driver for their i10 system. We will also be launching a driver for their IntelliBrite LED lighting control.

Please feel free to PM, email, or post features. We will be setting up a Beta Team for this once development is done.

any update with the intellibrite driver ??

• 2 months later...
On 7/23/2017 at 12:04 PM, MonsterIT said:

any update with the intellibrite driver ??

Hi MonsterIT,

We have just finished the new Intellicenter and are working on the Carrier Infinity AC driver. Once that is done we will be able to focus back on the intellibright integration.

Please email me at ted@thedriverslab.com for further information 

Archived