C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Advanced Custom Buttons driver major update

Hi guys,

We have just performed a major update to our Advanced Custom Buttons driver for Control4 (http://www.c4forums.com/topic/14489-chowmain-advanced-custom-buttons-driver-app/).

This driver has now been extended to support HTML5 based web browsers.  This includes IOS safari/chrome, Android Chrome, PC/MAC/Linux Chrome/Safari and more.

The web view works on HTML5 Canvas with AJAX.  This means that not only can you use the inbuilt webpage for control / feedback but you can also directly fire commands via HTTP GET commands using 3rd party scripts/applications

0000628_advanced-custom-buttons.png

Alan. Can each room have its own set of buttons?

The buttons are not room based. If you require more than 12 buttons one trick you can do is to dedicate one or two buttons as navigation buttons and use the dynamic labelling feature to rename the buttons and change the functionality. With this method you really have unlimited buttons.

That was quick. Thanks Alan! Am I right in saying this means that your Advanced Custom Button app will now work on the new Touch screens?

The new T3 touchscreens currently have no method of implementing 3rd party applications.  Control4 have notified us that they are working on a solution with no ETA.

The driver will work on any HTML5 capable (pretty much any) web browser on most platforms (tested IOS, Android, PC on both Chrome and Safari).

• 3 months later...

If you require more than 12 buttons one trick you can do is to dedicate one or two buttons as navigation buttons and use the dynamic labelling feature to rename the buttons and change the functionality. With this method you really have unlimited buttons.

Can you provide a little more info on how to do this?

I understand how to get 12 more ACBs in C4 by installing another instance of the driver, but I don't get this concept

Can you provide a little more info on how to do this?

I understand how to get 12 more ACBs in C4 by installing another instance of the driver, but I don't get this concept

You will need to create a number variable to keep track of the page.  Using one or two buttons to navigate you increment or decrement the number variable.  Use the number conditional logic on the number variable to dynamically relabel the buttons to match to the page.  Use the number conditional logic on the button presses to determine what action to perform when the button is clicked.

Hope that makes sense.

Alan, I thought I read somewhere that it was also possible to install multiple copies of the driver in a single project.  Is that correct and if so, how does that work as far as page navigation (i.e. choosing which custom button page to display)?

Thanks.  Love this driver/app and use it all the time!

Alan, I thought I read somewhere that it was also possible to install multiple copies of the driver in a single project.  Is that correct and if so, how does that work as far as page navigation (i.e. choosing which custom button page to display)?

I can answer this one, as I have two instances of the driver installed. Each group of 12 buttons is served off a different port, so in my case I have one URL for the first group of buttons and a different one for the second.

I agree, ACB is great!

You will need to create a number variable to keep track of the page.  Using one or two buttons to navigate you increment or decrement the number variable.  Use the number conditional logic on the number variable to dynamically relabel the buttons to match to the page.  Use the number conditional logic on the button presses to determine what action to perform when the button is clicked.

Hope that makes sense.

Sort of. I'll have to play around with it.

I can answer this one, as I have two instances of the driver installed. Each group of 12 buttons is served off a different port, so in my case I have one URL for the first group of buttons and a different one for the second.

I agree, ACB is great!

That is correct. Glad you guys love the driver. Always good to get positive feedback.

• 2 years later...
On 12/12/2017 at 5:11 AM, Benn Howard said:

@alanchowNot sure if i'm just being blind to an easy solution but can I hide which rooms the advanced custom button appears on? At the moment its just on all T3's main GUI regardless of whats selected on room level in navigator.

If you place it under services it'll be available in all rooms.  If you place it under watch/listen/comfort/security then it will be for that specific room.

Archived