C4 Forums | Control4

Thermostats misbehaving on 2.7

Hi everyone,

I love the new scheduling for thermostats and the look and feel of the new thermostat controls in the navigators. However, I seem to have a strange problem since upgrading to 2.7.

I only use the thermostats for heating (via underfloor heating). Not cooling, although I am considering linking my LG air-cons in at some stage if my dealer can figure out how to do this.

My problem is that when I set the heat mode to 'auto', the thermostat does not seem to turn the underfloor heating on when needed. If I set the heat mode to 'heat' it works fine! Interestingly, if I set it to 'heat' and the underfloor heating turns on, then to 'auto', it does not turn the heating off... So it appears (based on brief testing) that 'auto' is doing nothing for me at present.

Any ideas? I want to use 'auto' not 'heat' as I assume this is necessary for scheduling. Also, once my aircons are linked, 'auto' becomes important so that I can leave everything on winter and summer and let the system take care of itself.

Hoping someone has an idea... Both 'auto' and 'heat' settings worked perfectly (in terms of turning on my underfloor heating) in 2.6.

Because the old proxy didn't support .5 degree settings. Updating to the new driver should fix this.

Note (for those in the US, not the Netherlands/Belgium ;) ) that decimal values if memory serves only works on Celsius, not Fahrenheit.

EDIT: PS also needs your system at 2.7 (or the driver wouldn't work).

Nest does *not* provide 'calling for cool' and 'calling for heat' in their API.

Control4 (specifically I) have asked them from the very beginning of the relationship to add that info to the API.

There's no way to properly implement the Orange / Blue glowing rings without knowing whether the thermostat is calling for heat or cool.

Ask Nest.

Sorry.

RyanE

Archived