C4 Forums | Control4

Verizon Upgrade - Arris Box

Hi All - 

My Verizon guy was out here today and he switched out my old cable box (a Motorola) for a new one (Arris VMS1100).  Everything seems to work fine, except when I'm in the TV guide and hit the up/down arrow... instead of just moving one line it moves two lines, with a slight delay in it.

I spoke to my dealer (BB) and their tech support said that there was no driver for this model, and that they would need to build a custom driver, and that this would cost me $$$$.  

A bit of quick googling shows that there's no way that I'm on the bleeding edge of technology here.  I can't believe that I'm the first techie to get quantum and have Control4.  Can anyone tell me if a driver exists somewhere in dealer-land so that I could pass the word along?  Or do I really need to have a custom driver built?

Thanks for the help as always...

Will

I have the same problem except in the menu section it moves 3 lines at a time super fast. It's impossible to choose certain line items. It's very annoying. My dealer said there was nothing they could do to fix it. Maybe if a lot of people contact Control 4 they will provide a fix.

I have the same problem except in the menu section it moves 3 lines at a time super fast. It's impossible to choose certain line items. It's very annoying. My dealer said there was nothing they could do to fix it. Maybe if a lot of people contact Control 4 they will provide a fix.

Have the tried adjusting the number of times the code is sent in the driver? That's a simple adjustment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There really shouldn't even BE a driver for every box providers use - they all get uploaded with custom firmware anyway, and need a PROVIDER driver. At any rate, your 'old' driver as you've seen largely works fine.

msgreenf has it right - the Arris boxes are more sensitive to the Motorola ones and your driver just needs some repeat count adjustments. Really simple to do if you're using a normal IR driver. If it isn't an IR driver - then this may be a different story.

My dealer said there was nothing they could do to fix it

Dear god.....

Funny this topic should come up now.  I just switched from VZ to Dish due to VZs inability to understand their own equipment and more importantly their customers.  The professors here are correct- no dedicated Arris driver but the 7232 one works.  That, I've verified on another install.  

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/7/2016 at 10:49 PM, BPFUNK said:

Is there a driver available for the 7232 that has the skip and replay buttons mapped? Prefer not to use # buttons but rather the appropriate ones.

Probably not one made, but you can adjust any IR driver like that so that the commands are attached to any button you want.  You just need to take the IR code that you want to send and copy it to the code control4 maps for that button, ie the "Prev" button on the remote is mapped to the RECALL code in the driver.  I'm sure there is a button map list floating around on here somewhere.

Archived