C4 Forums | Control4

radiora Lutron brain

Afternoon everyone,

All of my lights in my house are lutron connected to my radiora2 brain.  The brain is connected to my control4 controller.   

I have no problems controlling individual lights and most of my scenes.

All of my scenes are created in the lighting agent--not on the radiora system.  

I do have a problem with my "all off" and some scenes that have several lights in them.

Does anyone know if there is a number limit of lights or commands that can be successfully transmitted from control4 to the radiora brain?  

For instance, if all my lights are on, I press the All Off button that I've programmed, It will turn off the first two or three lights and then stop controlling.  However--Control4 shows all the lights now off (but in reality all but two are on.)

I deduce that not everything is getting to the radiora brain.   Maybe I need to delay lights that are further down in the sequence?

Anyone have this issue?

Joe

If there are too many lights, Control4 will be flooding the Ra2 with too much info in too short a time - the Ra2 just can't handle that amount of traffic and 'shuts down'. You'd likely be best off creating an Ra2 scene and triggering that via C4. You could even create an empty C4 scene and program the C4 scene to trigger the Ra2 scene to keep the end-user function the same.

I have 103 Radio Ra 2 devices controlled through c4 and everything works great. Update to the Houselogix version 24 drivers. I have number of phantom switches programmed in the main repeater. One turns all off inside, one turns downstairs off etc, one is a goodnight off for lights I want turned off. When I send the "goodnight" command through c4 it essentially triggers the phantom switch on the Lutron main repeater that turns lights off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 103 Radio Ra 2 devices controlled through c4 and everything works great. Update to the Houselogix version 24 drivers. I have number of phantom switches programmed in the main repeater. One turns all off inside, one turns downstairs off etc, one is a goodnight off for lights I want turned off. When I send the "goodnight" command through c4 it essentially triggers the phantom switch on the Lutron main repeater that turns lights off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, but the point remains that you're not trying to send 103 off commands to the Ra2 all at once, it's THAT point where the integration fails.

BTW my post wasn't in any way meant to dissuade use of Ra2 - it just needs a slightly different approach for some situations.

Do you know how to program the phantom switches? The main repeater allows 100 phantom switches to be created that you can find under the programming tab for the main repeater. You would program C4 to press whatever button on the main repeater that you have performed for whatever scene.

One cool scene that I have created is the security button you can program, I have my system programmed such that if the alarm is triggered at night then the inside lights turn on and cannot be turned off from any of the wall dimmers and switches and the outside lights flash. 

So I sent up a bunch of phantom buttons for scenes in radiora.   I don't see an integration number with those buttons or anything like that.  How does one invoke a radiora scene (phantom button) from composer?  I'm probably missing something easy.

thanks!

Do you know how to program the phantom switches? The main repeater allows 100 phantom switches to be created that you can find under the programming tab for the main repeater. You would program C4 to press whatever button on the main repeater that you have performed for whatever scene.

• 2 weeks later...

How do you create phantom switches in the RA2 software? I can't see any "virtual"/phantom switches in the list of devices you can add in the design menu.

Also, do these phantom switches count towards the max 100 devices per main repeater?

Thanks

In  radiora2

Select program at the top

Left side of the screen where it says device location, select your repeater

A picture of the repeater will come up and inside of it whill say Phantom button.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/37871678@N00/18300827910/in/dateposted-public/

Type the name of the button in the space below the repeater where it says button name and then in the right frame, program what you would like that button to do.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/37871678@N00/18488547485/in/dateposted-public/

In composer, when you are programing a switch or action on the left side... you will select the phantom switch from the right side by going to the repeater and doing device specific command and the number of the phantom button you want pressed.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/37871678@N00/18488547595/in/dateposted-public/

Hope that helps.  Not sure if it counts towards the 100.  

Archived