C4 Forums | Control4

Landscape Lighting installed but shows only relay icon

There is a Light to Relay driver available. I think its by Card Access and available in Composer Pro to dealers.

At the time when I needed this I didn't know it was available so I made a driver instead.

Edit: Its called HPC Lighting Driver by Card Access. Its not in the online database.

It is not and it is up in the air - it also runs the old light proxy and giving potential issues (tracking of state) with Advanced Lighting scenes.

Chowmain has a (fairly inexpensive) paid driver for relay to light via Houselogix' site that works well.

I was tracking light scenes with it, that's why I swapped it over from the driver I made. It has however stopped tracking, not sure when it stopped. I made a post on the dealer forums about the initial tracking problem and I reported back that using the HPC driver fixed my issue.

At the time Cyknight you were on 1.01 and the latest was 1.2. I can PM you the post if your interested.

I'm aware - but the 1.2 is showing the same behaviour at this point in time. Indeed - I'm trying to track a similar issue with Alan's driver (which reminds me I need to follow up with Houselogix) in one single system as well (works fine in 3 others though).

If memory serves, C4 at this point in time still does not support the driver (or the temp display driver for that matter).

https://www.houselogix.com/shop/relay-to-light

As I mentioned, I'm having some issues in one project with TRACKING in advanced lighting scenes (and the Switch Load Group driver) that I'm trying to find time to deal with but normal on/off commands work perfectly fine for me (both from screens and scenes.

Auto trial available should you want to first see if it works in your situation.

Do note that there are no button bindings on this driver unfortunately - I've already asked Alan to add this functionality once - maybe I should ask again :)

https://www.houselogix.com/shop/relay-to-light

As I mentioned, I'm having some issues in one project with TRACKING in advanced lighting scenes (and the Switch Load Group driver) that I'm trying to find time to deal with but normal on/off commands work perfectly fine for me (both from screens and scenes.

Auto trial available should you want to first see if it works in your situation.

Do note that there are no button bindings on this driver unfortunately - I've already asked Alan to add this functionality once - maybe I should ask again :)

You're in luck.  Our sister company has asked us to update the driver so that they can right click / update the broken Cardaccess driver.  As such we have to implement the button link functionality.  We should have it up and running in about a week.

Chowmain%20Logo%20Transparent%20Medium.pRules!  ;)

Great news - thank Alan

We're now in beta.  Two new drivers now.  Both of which are pretty much the same thing apart from the fact that one of them can update an existing Card Access HPC Lighting driver.  This means if you have older projects with the HPC driver in it and don't want to redo the programming you can just update the driver and add the licence in.  Done.

I'm all in!  Let me know if you need a beta tester.  If not, make an announcement when its done.  Thanks Alan!

Thanks for the offer.  Our sister company has several sites which they will test it on.  Should be released by next week.

The new version has now been released.

Have also implemented a fork of the driver (labelled UPDATE) which will allow you to update the broken Card Access HPC Lighting driver.  This is useful for those who do not want to reprogram any bindings, actions, conditional logic, etc.  All you need to do it update the obsolete driver (under manage drivers), restart director and enter the key in.

Alan, I've had your HPC update driver installed and activated and made sure director was rebooted. Everything worked the first night my lighting scene was activated, however I woke up today to find the 2 lights bound to the HPC relay never turned off, while the other lights in the scene successfully did. It doesn't appear that the bound light are successfully tracking all the time. I'm currently on OS 2.7.2. Any suggestions?

Alan, I've had your HPC update driver installed and activated and made sure director was rebooted. Everything worked the first night my lighting scene was activated, however I woke up today to find the 2 lights bound to the HPC relay never turned off, while the other lights in the scene successfully did. It doesn't appear that the bound light are successfully tracking all the time. I'm currently on OS 2.7.2. Any suggestions?

Strange.  Doesn't make sense that it'll work one day but not the next.  Only thing i can think of is that you may be on a trial licence and that may have expired (48 hour trial).

Can you control it outside of a lighting scene.  You may need to remove the light and re-add it back into the scene if you are using advanced lighting scenes (they way advanced lighting scenes work is that it is tracked by the driver and as we did not write the HPC driver we can't replicate the method its storing the scenes).

If that doesn't work submit a ticket to the Houselogix helpdesk and our support staff can look into it further in private.

Archived