C4 Forums | Control4

Wink and C4

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Autosean said:

Wink was purchased by Flex and going strong.   http://blog.wink.com/wink-blog/2015/11/16

Welcome. You're  a victim of the forum software which can present older posts as new to the user. At least it bit me when I joined. Needs to warn the user before reviving threads over a year old. Regardless, welcome aboard. 

On 1/8/2017 at 5:18 PM, Elvis said:

Welcome. You're  a victim of the forum software which can present older posts as new to the user. At least it bit me when I joined. Needs to warn the user before reviving threads over a year old. Regardless, welcome aboard. 

As opposed to what now? The blog he refers to is as OLD as the thread. :wacko:.

Sure Wink is around, but as they WERE in 300k homes in 2015 (or so was the claim), and their 2016 statement said there were 1.3 million devices connected to wink hubs......changing stat reference usually isn't the greatest sign, shall we analyze?

You were in 300.000 homes. You now have 1.3 million devices connected to your product.......that would average just over 4 devices per home you were in a year before?

I'd be tempted to say that an average Wink install should have MORE than 4 devices - more like 10 so: if you average 10 over 1.3 million you are now down to 130.00 homes?

Wink isn't 'dead', but is it truly still alive?

If there was such a thing as time in my life to figure it out, I'd be interested to see which of the many 'great new products that will rule smart homes and replace C4 because they are DIY' that were posted on these very forums in the past year or 2-3 are still even around or making news headlines....

Sorry, I may have asked the question wrong. For someone with both a C4 setup and a Wink hub, is it simply having the driver installed, linking the two together and adding devices from Wink to your C4 system? This is strictly from a technical standpoint. I have several Schlage z-wave door locks, a chamberlain garage door opener and various open/close sensors and sirens. Would they work in the C4 ecosystem as if I had added them directly?

12 hours ago, Drake0508 said:

Sorry, I may have asked the question wrong. For someone with both a C4 setup and a Wink hub, is it simply having the driver installed, linking the two together and adding devices from Wink to your C4 system? This is strictly from a technical standpoint. I have several Schlage z-wave door locks, a chamberlain garage door opener and various open/close sensors and sirens. Would they work in the C4 ecosystem as if I had added them directly?

Yes and maybe not. I have only tried light switches (no locks, no garage door). The switches can be integrated similarly to a C4 switch. Obviously you can't program against the switch as extensively as you can a C4 switch (you can't change the LED color, no double-tap, etc.) 

In your previous post, you asked if it was worth it to buy a Wink hub. I would try a Vera hub first as the drivers are included in C4. (Assuming Vera will work with your locks)

Archived