C4 Forums | Control4

C4/Sonos driver working with Deezer and Apple Music

I'm about to switch to my Sonos being controlled by my C4 system. I have used Rhapsody, Deezer, Beats, Pandora without a glitch on my Sonos phone app.

Now that I will use my C4 system and apps, can I control all of them including the new Apple Music service replacing Beats?

Thanks.

I only have experience with Rhapsody and Pandora but they do integrate nicely.  Not quite as seamless as the Sonos app but close.  They are supposed to be working on a better interface which will more closely match the Sonos app but inside the Control4.  

I don't get the botched rollout of Apple Music.  They were in such a big hurry they couldn't even match the device compatibility with Beats (no Windows Phone client either)?  I'm just sticking with Beats indefinitely.  But in the meantime curation on Beats has gone to nil.  At least Apple Music still has a family plan (for now).

• 3 weeks later...

I just added a Sonos Connect to my system and am playing with it.  I've got a few glitches I'm trying to work out.  For some reason when Sonos imported my iTunes playlists into their software it's doubled up some playlists.  I can't figure out how to edit or delete the doubles.  Also, is there a way to shuffle the playlists within Sonos? Or if you shuffle the playlist in iTunes will it shuffle in Sonos?  It's my first 24 hours working with it, so pardon my inexperience. 

Added Note:  Really what I'm wanting is for a playlist to be shuffled so when I run it as an "Arriving Home" macro that it doesn't just play the same songs from the start every time that macro runs.  

• 2 months later...

Note: Apple is yanking Beats Music at the end of November--and there still isn't a Sonos option for Apple Music.

If you have a family plan on Beats Music you might compare the new Rhapsody Family options to Apple Music.

Archived