C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Kodi Full (XBMC) Driver for Control4

alanchow

On 2/10/2019 at 12:17 PM, flikfoto said:

@alanchow

My Kodi recently updated to 18. It seems my Kodi Full Driver quit working. It is showing the Control 4 Connected graphic on my Kodi. My driver says it is up to date. It seems only the PGUP and PGDWN keys are responsive.

Any thoughts on to why the driver is not working?

Thanks in advance.

Kodi 18 broke HTTP control over the driver.  We issued an update to the driver to resolve this issue.  We did not force a push to all sites as some older systems won't work with the new version.  If you set the driver to auto-update then you will be updated to the latest version which will work fine.

On 2/18/2019 at 7:22 AM, perioms said:

I am looking for a possibility to control my screenmasking. Aspect ratio event could be the solution. But all my mkv files have the same the ratio of 1.76. Obviously makemkv don‘t recognize the black bars. Is this a problem of makemkv?

Kodi reports back aspect ratio based on the ratio detected in the movie within the first few seconds of playback.  I don't use makemkv so i can't comment but i would recommend reaching out via the kodi forums or makemkv forums for additional assistance.

I've got a C4 EA1 system setup to control an Nvidia Shield using IRUSB and the Kodi Full driver. 

I'm experiencing a number of odd behaviors. 

Often, when I try to play music or videos via Kodi, I get a message that the device is offline/disconnected. 

Launching the Netflix app usually works okay. The other ones that I use frequently (Amazon, Home Run HD, Hulu) never launch right. For example, sometimes when I choose to launch Amazon or Home Run HD it goes to the Netflix app or sometimes the Nvidia home screen. 

Any ideas what might be going on? Thanks!!

On 2/19/2019 at 10:21 PM, alanchow said:

Kodi 18 broke HTTP control over the driver.  We issued an update to the driver to resolve this issue.  We did not force a push to all sites as some older systems won't work with the new version.  If you set the driver to auto-update then you will be updated to the latest version which will work fine.

On 2/17/2019 at 2:22 PM, perioms said:

Thank you. Got it working. 

Is there any known issues with the Chowmain Videostorm IRUSB driver. It seems that when I add the Netflix Mini Driver and what is happening is I have to hit my cancel button on my remote because it stays stuck on the netplay tv app. It has netflix open, but it is sort of hidden under everything.

anyone have any similiar issues?

Hi, everybody

It seems the light programming does not work properly with KODI full driver.

I program these events: PLAY – STOP - PAUSE with different Light Scenario but they are not working as intended 

I tried it with KODI Light Driver no problem there.

I tried it with two different room the same problem. Anybody experience this issue.

3 hours ago, khalid said:

Hi, everybody

It seems the light programming does not work properly with KODI full driver.

I program these events: PLAY – STOP - PAUSE with different Light Scenario but they are not working as intended 

I tried it with KODI Light Driver no problem there.

I tried it with two different room the same problem. Anybody experience this issue.

sounds like your kodi full isn't connected properly to kodi then?

5 hours ago, msgreenf said:

sounds like your kodi full isn't connected properly to kodi then?

Hi msgreenf,

In which way you mean it's not connected properly. I mean all the other functions working. Even I have a screen with a masking system programmed to move with the Video Aspect Ratio in Kodi that is also working

What I am missing here,,,,

7 minutes ago, khalid said:

Hi msgreenf,

In which way you mean it's not connected properly. I mean all the other functions working. Even I have a screen with a masking system programmed to move with the Video Aspect Ratio in Kodi that is also working

What I am missing here,,,,

gotcha, if that is working then this should work.

16 hours ago, lippavisual said:

If it’s not working directly from the Kodi driver, you could always program based on the room.

For example:

when room living play command is received

If selected video device is Kodi

Execute x lighting scene

You could do that for all your scenes required. 

Thank you lippavisual for the example. I did what you said it's working.

Ahh, I send a lot of time figuring out why it's working with KODI Lite, not with the Full version. I hope I thought about your idea from the beginning and save the day.

• 1 month later...

I've got the following problem programming the system remote controller Sr260.

When I press the "page up" and "page down" button, the chapter command runs. Where can I disable, because I have assigned other commands for these buttons in the room menu?

I have recently started having an issue where when I choose Kodi Video Files or Kodi Music, I get an error message that "Device is Disconnected: WARNING: Your device is currently offline. Control4 will attempt to turn the device on." The device does NOT turn on. 

Strangely, if I choose the Kodi Control option from the Watch menu, I can launch and control Kodi just fine with my SR260 remote. However, the Kodi Music and other apps are still reporting that Kodi is offline even though it is clearly running. 

I'm running Kodi on the Nvidia Shield and using IRUSB. 

Any ideas? Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 4:06 PM, elee532 said:

I have recently started having an issue where when I choose Kodi Video Files or Kodi Music, I get an error message that "Device is Disconnected: WARNING: Your device is currently offline. Control4 will attempt to turn the device on." The device does NOT turn on. 

Strangely, if I choose the Kodi Control option from the Watch menu, I can launch and control Kodi just fine with my SR260 remote. However, the Kodi Music and other apps are still reporting that Kodi is offline even though it is clearly running. 

Any ideas? Thanks!!

Anyone have advice?

On 4/13/2019 at 8:28 PM, perioms said:

I've got the following problem programming the system remote controller Sr260.

When I press the "page up" and "page down" button, the chapter command runs. Where can I disable, because I have assigned other commands for these buttons in the room menu?

The page up and page down buttons are mapped to the page up and page down buttons in Kodi.  You cannot disable this.

On 4/15/2019 at 7:06 AM, elee532 said:

Any ideas? Thanks!!

Do you know if it attempts to launch Kodi when this happens.  it is not supposed to turn the device on.  It is just supposed to silently launch the app in the background.

Also bettter to submit problems on helpdesk ticket or call us or our us helpdesk up for support.  Hard to keep track of every thread on multiple forums.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, spoonman56 said:

Dumb question:  How do I set the driver to auto-update ?

In the driver tab itself, select auto update, Central Cloud Driver will force an update to all drivers, it’s not an auto update.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.