C4 Forums | Control4

MyMovies and C4

I was told to upgrade to 5 to avoid this issue a while back. I’ve completely deleted the mymovies database and started over and that helped but I still have a few titles that mess up during import and cause the timeout. I delete them and it continues on.

For about the past two years, I have an issue where c4 cannot reconnect to the mymovies server after director restarts. Whether by power outage, reset, or update. I have to rebuild database through c4 and it instantly connects and rebuilds but it is such a pain and time consuming to monitor when titles “timeout” I don’t do it anymore.

@bbassinger Thank you!! what do you mean when you say "deleted the mymovies database and started over"? How does one go about doing that?

I've tried uninstalling Mymovies and reinstalling. For some reason, even when I do a "rebuild database", control4 only adds the movies that were added to mymovies when I was on version 4. Anything that I added after upgrading to Mymovies 5 is not even being considered for import.

When mine stopped adding all titles and skipping some, I “cleared collection” through mymovies. Deleted and uninstalled everything in computer and in composer and started from scratch on mymovies 5.

With about 1000 actual discs and several hundred movies recorded through TiVo, this was a pain to redo. EVERYTHING is lost and must be rescanned and reupdated.

This is what Control4 tech support told me to do. Shortly after this is when the disconnects started. I would love to not have to rebuild the database through composer every time I change or update the programming or upgrade to new os.

It still gets the timeouts and I haven’t left one in mymovies to see if it will eventually find it. If I add it in immediately, the timeout message is displayed over and over in LUA and I’d rather see “no updates required” or whatever it says when all is well.

On 8/21/2015 at 9:49 PM, South Africa C4 user said:

Thanks Gary... That does not sound very hopeful! We reinstalled the driver today and that changed the problem... Now it loads the first 24 movies of my collection (about 10%) and then gets no further... The LUA messages in debug mode indicate that it is is timing out...

Exact message:

EVQ - Timeout while connected - Count 1 on connection 6001

connection lost, retrying connection in 15 seconds

Then it finds everything, notes a valid IP address and MyMovies found, before repeating the above error message... This then loops forever.

Any suggestions would be welcome!

On our side we have my movies 5.24 and all works well, just finished loading a whole bunch of kids movies on the server and all went well

I will gladly pop round and have a look for you if you like 

3 hours ago, Mike_S101 said:

On our side we have my movies 5.24 and all works well, just finished loading a whole bunch of kids movies on the server and all went well

I will gladly pop round and have a look for you if you like 

Thanks Mike!

We have moved off MyMovies now and have really enjoyed InfusePro for the last while, so all good!

6 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Thanks Mike!

We have moved off MyMovies now and have really enjoyed InfusePro for the last while, so all good!

Great

does infuse integrate into c4 like my movies or you just using ATV to browse

Hi,

I solve the issue of movies added in MyMovies 5 not being brought into C4. The C4 driver looks at a MyMovies table called dbo.tblTitles. If you add a new movie to Mymovies 5 as a "movie", then it inserts that record into dbo.tblMovieGlobal. That is not a table that C4 driver looks at. Brian from Mymovies told me that I had to create it as a "Disc title" in Mymovies 5 for it to be inserted into dbo.tblTitles. I did that and, sure enough, C4 picked it up. 

I still have the problem with some movies getting stuck in scanning and C4 timing out on Mymovies. Was there ever a solution for this? I had read that it was on multi-disc movies. 

Chandra

4 hours ago, cylon147 said:

Try CoverMe. You will not need to use My Movies.

Good to know.  I must admit that I now so much prefer the Infuse layout and the sorting of movies into their franchises (e.g. all of my James Bond films are together, all of my Harry Potter film are grouped together etc.) that I wouldn’t go back to native C4 movies until it gets a facelift.

6 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Good to know.  I must admit that I now so much prefer the Infuse layout and the sorting of movies into their franchises (e.g. all of my James Bond films are together, all of my Harry Potter film are grouped together etc.) that I wouldn’t go back to native C4 movies until it gets a facelift.

Hi,

Thanks for the tip. Does it import other movies that typically are not on the web? Home videos? Other language movies that I have ripped?

Chandra

• 2 weeks later...

So I have looked at infuse briefly and we tried it on a trail basis

The concerns I have with it is that it does not play "entire disc" as if it were playing of a disc player

We want the menus and all that so we can choose our audio tracks, we don't want to go straight into a movie

Any thoughts on if we did this wrong??

On 1/26/2019 at 1:37 PM, Mike_S101 said:

So I have looked at infuse briefly and we tried it on a trail basis

The concerns I have with it is that it does not play "entire disc" as if it were playing of a disc player

We want the menus and all that so we can choose our audio tracks, we don't want to go straight into a movie

Any thoughts on if we did this wrong??

My understanding is that  Infuse 5 does not give menu access but Infuse 6 (Due out shortly will).  But. Say that from memory so I could be wrong... I don’t like the menus so haven’t missed that feature.

Archived