South Africa C4 user

Apps for T3 Touchscreen

16 posts in this topic

Does anyone know when we will start to see Apps for the T3 Touchscreens? I am just itching to have something new to play with on my single T3... The possibilities must be endless!

And Cy, usually you are one of the best posters on this forum... But that last post is just depressing ;-)

We need apps, photo screen savers, book marks and custom home on the new T3s!

I don't disagree and suspect we'll see some of that. Apps....I'm the least certain of - though I'm also not CERTAIN it won't come.

Yea that was the hope that came with knowing it runs android -> Access to Apps! Yeah..useful apps like Out of Milk etc....up to now BUMMER :-(! Thats why I did not buy T3s for now...

Yeah... I have one T3 and it is fast and slick... But I won't be updating my other 3 Touchscreens to T3 until I get photo screen savers, bookmarks, custom home and the Start Here App... Or something equivalent / better than all of these... But I have my fingers crossed!

If there are to be apps - assume it will NOT be anything like google play. It's running on an android OS but that in NO WAY means it running what you're seeing on your phone.

My bet is that apps will go away altogether, in favor of across the board implementation of html5, with navigator becoming more exposed in driverworks. I don't think this is 2.8, but rather 3.0, and likely 2016-17 ish. Again just my thoughts, nothing to back it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well we got screensavers for the T3 which is a big step forward and I will now buy one more and put one of my older Touchscreens out to pasture... But we really need bookmarks soon (then I will buy another one and junk an old one). But until we get StartHere or equivalent (which lets me control all my Boolean variables - easily with feedback - from aTouchscreen) I will be keeping an old touch screen in one location...

May of 2017 and still no apps for the T3 TouchScreens.  Control4 is so BAD!

May of 2017 and most things originally done with apps in flash are now replaced with drivers and/or experience buttons. Control4 is doing pretty good.

As the OP on this thread, I must say that I am very happy with developments at C4 over the last 2 years since I posted originally.  The real break through was the advent of Experience Buttons last year and I am looking forward to seeing what else people like Blackwire, Mitch, Alan and others can do with them!

For when Control4 reads this, bookmarks (or similar) would still be nice to have.  It would be great to programmatically move to a given screen on any navigator.