C4 Forums | Control4

Affordable NVR options

mallom

Hello Guys!

I saw that C4 released an official Hikvision camera driver, and I was wondering what would be a good NVR option to use with those cameras.

I don't need to control the NVR, I just need it to record the camera feeds. I am planning on having at least 6 IP cameras.

What do you guys think about this one?

http://www.amazon.com/HIKVISION-DS-7608NI-E2-8P-Network-Recorder/dp/B00VMNRZS4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1441154073&sr=8-1&keywords=hikvision+NVR+8+channel

Please, let me know your thoughts about other NVRs (cameras too). 

Thank you!

I am using Blue Iris which is about 50-60 for the software. I got a 1tb core i7 desktop on sale for 499 and I use it exclusively as 24x7 nvr.

Benefit is you can use a mixed environment of camera brands and it will work. There is a c4 driver that can control recording by triggers. I have different cameras record by motion or continuous depending on alarm status. Lots of other programming options too.

So far big thumbs up.

I thought about it too, but I don't think I want to build a computer just for this purpose. I prefer having a normal NVR.

By the way, there is a free PC NVR software that seems to be good.

http://www.geniusvision.net/community.html

Any affordable NVR with POE you recommend? The only thing I need is to record the camera main feed. The secondary feed will be for C4 monitoring.

Thanks!

The biggest difference is compatibility. I had a customer that bought a system off of amazon and it was loaded with a China firmware. He tried to update it to US firmware, but it would take. The unit was completely incompatible with his cameras and hikvision wouldn't warranty anything because he didn't buy from an authorized dealer.

Archived