C4 Forums | Control4

Dish Network vs DirecTV?

I’m really liking dish so far. Stilll trying to figure out the commercial skips however. But I can say my cable tv optimum has commercial skip perfected. Just press skip and it skips the commercial only never running past the commercial. Other then the dish prime time auto skip is there a skip function on dish that perfectly skips the commercial without running past ? 

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2018 at 9:59 AM, Cartnj said:

I’m really liking dish so far. Stilll trying to figure out the commercial skips however. But I can say my cable tv optimum has commercial skip perfected. Just press skip and it skips the commercial only never running past the commercial. Other then the dish prime time auto skip is there a skip function on dish that perfectly skips the commercial without running past ? 

Not when I had it, you jumped past then skipped back.... 

On 12/15/2018 at 10:59 AM, Cartnj said:

Yeah - the "auto hop" feature typically works only on Prime Time TV channels (major networks) and only works 24hours after the episode has aired.  It works great.

On 1/17/2019 at 7:21 PM, mindedc1 said:

Not when I had it, you jumped past then skipped back.... 

Yeah it’s just a commercial skip. And you press it and it instantly skips just the commercial. No need to 10 second back like dish 

On 1/17/2019 at 7:31 PM, LollerAgent said:

Yeah - the "auto hop" feature typically works only on Prime Time TV channels (major networks) and only works 24hours after the episode has aired.  It works great.

But on very few shows that I can see. Maybe like 15-20 percent of the shows I would say 

On 12/13/2018 at 8:26 AM, Elvis said:

There is a big difference between DIRECTV and Dish with this. DIRECTV has 30 second fast forward. It is not instantaneous and you see the picture during the 30 second "skip."

Actually, there is a "30SKIP" hack to do instantaneous 30-second skip on DirecTV.  Google it if anybody interested.

That being said, DirecTV is legacy and anybody risking jumping on satellite now, should probably go with Dish unless there sports programming sways the decision one way or the other.

Archived