C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 VS. Vantage Control

jeefere udo

Vantage has more time in the field with panelized lighting. 

If your not doing panelized then C4 is the best way to go.  C4 lighting helps with your zigbee mesh network, Vantage does absolutly nothing for you're zigbee mesh.

Programming is easier with C4

Keeping everything C4 will give you greater flexability. 

Unless your building a 20,000 sq ft house or larger then I really don't see any benefit to using Vantage.  Personally, if I were to choose a lighting system other than C4, I would go with Lutron. 

I have penalized in a 1000 sq ft apartment. Gets rid of wall wart banks of light switches.

My kitchen for example has one wireless keypad.

4 buttons and volume control.

Top one lights to cook overhead lights and bright cabinet lights.

Two in the Middle are different dimmer scenes. One for using the kitchen but not active cooking the next as a dim evening don't trip setting and then off.

The buttons control two lighting panel simmers and 10 DMX channels (my drivers are also pannelized). Impossible without C4 and rock solid in use.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Vantage is fine for lighting only. Better than Control4, not really IMHO though they obviously have a longer track record in Panels. Not worse though.

Depending on wiring you could just do vantage panels, then use the keypad locations to put in C4's wireless keypads creating both zigbe and better integration into C4 if that is what you want. You'll end up more expensive though - you're doing things twice

Outside of lighting/hvac/relay control Vantage pales besides c4 - it seems to treat A/V as peripheral products that they don't truly care to deal with.

• 4 years later...
On 9/30/2015 at 12:01 AM, jeefere udo said:

Hi All,

What is the difference of Control4 over the Vantage?

Regards,

Jeff Udo

Hopefully you can help me on this I got a builder that  has Vantage Lighting in his house he wants to change out Vantage

and install control4 and change out the keypads but I tell him that the wiring is not the same

Hopefully you can help me on this I got a builder that  has Vantage Lighting in his house he wants to change out Vantage

and install control4 and change out the keypads but I tell him that the wiring is not the same

You'll have to check what wire you have.

If it's 2 conductor - you can do C4 panels and use wireless keypads (power from standard low voltage powersupply) - if it's 4 you can use wired keypads.

The latter is a bit cheaper, the former has the advantage of creating a zigbee mesh for remotes.

I have a Vantage panelized lighting system in my own home.  It was already installed when I bought the house.  I have it nicely integrated into Control4 using the Cinegration driver, so that all loads are visible in C4 and available for Advanced Lighting scenes.  I can also use any Vantage keypad button to trigger C4 events.  Pretty much rock solid for the last 2.5 years.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.