C4 Forums | Control4

Chromecast Audio

Alt

I currently have a houselogix for Pandora integration into control4 2.7.2 and have used Sonos connect as well. Looking forward to using the Chromecast Audio I just ordered to stream music apps from my phones along with allowing my guest the ability to stream music as well.  Anyone else have have experience with the newly released Chromecast Audio? I will post updates after I have had time to test it out.  

No. There was a nice driver briefly that allowed the system to 'see' when the 'cast was working so you could program to turn things on etc - but a change in API killed that.

Beyond that - there IS no control for Chromecast - the device, as such, does't have transport controls et al. Any more than Airplay does.

• 1 year later...

What driver is everybody using for Chromecast Audio connected to a matrix?  With Google Home I would think this would be pretty popular.  The C4 Chromecast is Chromecast video and only supports HDMI.  That driver also assumes it is local, not matrixed according to the docs.

EDIT: did a custom driver, but for something with the sales this thing has (or maybe not for the Audio version), not very elegant...I want to Chromecast icon too instead of a generic tuner icon...

Archived