C4 Forums | Control4

4Sight fee removed

mandiola

I feel that 4sight is a nice to have... especially with most routers these days supporting VPN and opendns .. its a quick and simply setup to get your own VPN setup to your home network.. and once you have that, you can easily use the control4 app just as if you were home

I feel that 4sight is a nice to have... especially with most routers these days supporting VPN and opendns .. its a quick and simply setup to get your own VPN setup to your home network.. and once you have that, you can easily use the control4 app just as if you were home

Except that that 'quick and simple setup' isn't all that simple for the average user, especially if you want to make it work over cellular, plus you're forgetting the use of email and push notifications.

VPN is easy enough for me to setup and use as I work in the IT field. The problem is with other users as it is too complicated for them to want to use. Also my main use is basic.. check the AC temp, open a door for someone, etc so having a vpn connection always running is kind of overkill.

I'd like to see a reduction in the price but it's not a deal breaker. What IS frustrating is the renewal process. Why this isn't an auto renewal or a user online purchase I have no clue. At a minimum I should be able to log into my.control4.com and renew my 4sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to see a reduction in the price but it's not a deal breaker. What IS frustrating is the renewal process. Why this isn't an auto renewal or a user online purchase I have no clue. At a minimum I should be able to log into my.control4.com and renew my 4sight.

Wouldnt it be nice if you could just buy 4sight from the my.control4.com site and have it credit to whomever your dealer on your account is.

That's not going to make me want to buy something. If anything a proactive dealer who calls me or emails me occasionally to check on me and then on the system and any needs I may have would be far more effective n

Remote access is down probably has more to do with their network or controller and has nothing to do with 4Sight.

Sigh.

No, no in this scenario remote access IS IN FACT down because 4Sight is expired. That was the whole point. Which clearly went over your head by a mile there.

Yeah, I feel it HAS to have an auto renew option and to be honest I feel that with the markup on this and going through a dealer it just seems like a money grab.
This should be a user based subscription direct to C4 from the my.control4.com console, not a dealer margin add on.

I am not a dealer, but I do work for one, and I would agree with Cyknight. I would not want to even bother with the panic phone calls of trying to get a customer back up and applying the license. Yeah, a warning goes out ahead of time but it is often ignored by the user. 

$19.99 for this service is inline with other similar services, and it should be direct to keep the cost down. More people would subscribe.

Yeah, I feel it HAS to have an auto renew option and to be honest I feel that with the markup on this and going through a dealer it just seems like a money grab.

This should be a user based subscription direct to C4 from the my.control4.com console, not a dealer margin add on.

I am not a dealer, but I do work for one, and I would agree with Cyknight. I would not want to even bother with the panic phone calls of trying to get a customer back up and applying the license. Yeah, a warning goes out ahead of time but it is often ignored by the user. 

$19.99 for this service is inline with other similar services, and it should be direct to keep the cost down. More people would subscribe.

I would pay $20 a year  for it.. just so I dont have to deal with connecting to my VPN first..lol

While I would prefer it to be included one time with the cost of the controller like the myhome license, if it really isn't sustainable I would have no issues paying $20 a year. $99 is just kind of a kick in the stomach after the large expense for the system, and as I said it plays with your mind when so many other devices which cost pennies compared to C4 products don't charge for this feature.

Except that that 'quick and simple setup' isn't all that simple for the average user, especially if you want to make it work over cellular, plus you're forgetting the use of email and push notifications.

There are other ways to get email and push.  I haven't had a valid 4sight sub for years but I use other (free) drivers for email and notifications.  Add in using OpenVPN on me phone/tablet/laptop and I have the same functionality found with 4sight.

There are other ways to get email and push.  I haven't had a valid 4sight sub for years but I use other (free) drivers for email and notifications.  Add in using OpenVPN on me phone/tablet/laptop and I have the same functionality found with 4sight.

Sure, in 3 pieces.

I'm not stating it isn't possible - but there's price for convenience.

Archived