C4 Forums | Control4

Welcome Codeman to dd

So I realized I haven't posted for a few years (literally I think) but I hope to become active again soon.  Soon I will share a video of our Ohio C4 based showroom which we are VERY proud of.  Anyway I wanted to say wecome to thecodeman (Cody) to the dd family.  Cody is now the VP of Florida Based Operations and he's running our Palm Beach Gardens office.  At least HE is active here :) 

Seriously though we got a big jumpstart years ago from people on these forums having us do remote and long distance installs so I've told people to start coming here more often and help answer questions again. 

We have some exciting C4 installs coming up in the next 6 months that are crazy (44,000 sq. ft. and 36,000 sq. ft. are the biggest two) that I'll share some pics and implementation concepts to show how much C4 can be used on some of the biggest installs there are.   We are doing a huge Benetti yacht and a large plane as well so we should have some cool stuff that probably most of us can't afford but it can give you ammo when speaking to Crestron folks about the C4 ceiling on size and scope.  

Anyway, welcome Cody. 

Thanks James, glad to be on board. The things we are doing wouldn't be possible without support from the community giving us ideas and the dealer/vendor networks we have to lean on.

Hopefully, as James said, we'll be able to loop you in on some of the fun things we're doing, to spark your imagination of what can be done with Control4 with a little out-of-the-box thinking.

Right now I'm working on converting pronto CCF hex IR codes to IR codes for an IP to IR device called IRTrans (www.irtrans.de). This will allow me to work around a proprietary control system (by replacing existing legacy (sky)device IR codes with the replacement (directv) IR device codes) until we can replace the proprietary system with Control4 when time allows.

Fun times! Now, where did I put my 220v charging adapter....

Archived