C4 Forums | Control4

Lighted doorbell

twmoonly

You can easily add a magnetic contact sensor into the doorbell chime assembly, it will trigger when the doorbell chime is played since the solenoid create a magnetic field. Lighted and fancy designer doorbell button will work.

Get yourself a DB Button with a light that you like, and find a transformer that will work with its rated voltage. This is normally 12-24v ac. Then get a cube relay that has a coil rated for the same voltage as your DB button and Transformer (TX). Power the transformer from line voltage 120v. Take one side of the output from the TX to the DB Button, then from other side of DB button to the coil on the relay. Other side of the TX output directly to the coil. This will power your DB Button light and when pressed it will close the contacts on the relay. Then run wires from your normally open contact on your relay into your C4 controller contact input.

LOL for all the trouble youre going through the ELK 930 would have been in already. And you'd have tied your land-line to it as well and programmed to lower volume when the phone rings. :rolleyes:

Land line? What the heck is this land line you speak of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Land line? What the heck is this land line you speak of?

Ah sadly so many people forget that not everyone lives in a gated community and never needs to contact the outside world ;)

It's the one your security company uses for monitoring, it's also the phone that often gets used for international or long range calls. :)

It's also the most reliable connection in case of emergency - cell phone coverage, empty batteries and such.

You'd be surprised how many people still utilize it (though it's no longer limited to your 'old fashioned' phone company - could be your cable company, even voip)

Number of land lines is down drastically since 2003

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home/you-can-still-call-about-40-percent-of-u-s-households-on-a-landline/

Yet 40% still has them - a rather considerable number of people. And it was never 100% to begin with - not even close. The quickest assumption of it going away are 2025 - that's still a decade away.

A flash in time.... A decade ago there was no iPhone

For the record I agree with all your statements just rare to see landlines in my area.

And in a decade landline might be back in use to support house by house wireless access points for our implanted ear-canal phone and optical video conference screen ;)

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived