C4 Forums | Control4

Apple TV - update 9.1

ECS

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well it's 9.2 but yes the driver seems to work fine. Pairing is a bit iffy - but found the same on phones and tablets. There may be a lingering issue in the pairing mind you.

A good number of dealers are trying this in 'safe' setups - so it might be best to wait a day or two to see the results before getting on the phone and moving these to IP.

^ Fair enough!

I will stand by waiting a bit to move all your drivers over - there are some consistency problems showing in the pairing as mentioned (In my personal case - the C4 driver seems fine but my iPad kept dropping, others have reported having to re-pair the driver).

My pairing keeps getting lost even when setting the aTV's sleep setting to never. It stayed paired for about 10 minutes and then becomes unpaired.  I have the latest aTV version and C4 driver version 1.0.4  

The Lua Output says

12/16/15 10:22:21 : Initializing connection

12/16/15 10:22:21 : Connected on port 3689

12/16/15 10:22:21 : Error - Not paired

pardon my ignorance here.  Why would this be a c4 issue?  Why is this not an Apple issue.  I have two of the devices and yes, the pairing drops.  It would just seem that the apple device is dropping the pairing and not control4.  What am I not understanding?

1 minute ago, Robert Tafaro said:

pardon my ignorance here.  Why would this be a c4 issue?  Why is this not an Apple issue.  I have two of the devices and yes, the pairing drops.  It would just seem that the apple device is dropping the pairing and not control4.  What am I not understanding?

You're probably right but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Apple to be the ones to fix it. Be easier for C4 to find a workaround.

^ Apple changed things with the Gen4 - so one could say that is the cause yes. But Apple has little interest in fixing integration with others. Unlike some of the remote issues before (like camera viewing) it doesn't affect things beyond that function.

As I mentioned before, a fix is in the works.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived