C4 Forums | Control4

24 minutes ago, drro said:

Would unplugging the Hue bridge during device discovery work?

That should work. You will probably also need to run the Alexa app on your PC and forget the various Phillips devices there too. Maybe telling Alexa to "forget all devices" would do this - but maybe not and I am not about to test it :-)

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alexia no longer has a 30 device limit, at this very moment I have 151 devices listed in the app, 30 for the Control4 driver and 121 Hue lights.   All can be controlled by the echo. 

If you clear out all devices (forget all), power down the Hue hubs, and do the discovery on Control4, you will only have the 30 items.  Once you power the Hue hubs back up they eventually find their way back into the app.  

I made the mistake of linking the Hue lights with the Echo early on, a mistake, as I cannot get them to go away for any length of time.  I am sure there is some factory reset that would allow it, but have not taken the time to figure that out.

I'm a home user and just had my dealer come out to install the Echo driver. Now that I'm using it, I'd like to add new triggers (which I guess are the Echo device events in Composer HE). Can I add my own triggers through Composer, or does my dealer need to do that? 

Thanks in advance for being gentle with a rookie.

I'm a home user and just had my dealer come out to install the Echo driver. Now that I'm using it, I'd like to add new triggers (which I guess are the Echo device events in Composer HE). Can I add my own triggers through Composer, or does my dealer need to do that? 

Thanks in advance for being gentle with a rookie.

You can add in he

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

@mgriffin1968,@chopedogg88, It appears that the issue I am having relates to the fact that I have two Control4 systems, each running the Echo driver.  I have a C4 system at home, and another at the office.  They are on separate Control4 accounts, but the same Amazon account.  I went into the Alexa iOS app and told Alexa to forget all of my home automation devices.  I added back my office system, and it worked fine.  A couple of days later, I added back my home system.  The home system has worked fine and held the connection ever since.  The office system lost the devices again, however. Ari (chopedogg88), I'd be grateful if you could confirm this is the problem, and let me know whether it can be fixed, or if I am out of luck.

Thanks,

David

On 3/17/2016 at 9:15 AM, ptome said:

Alexia no longer has a 30 device limit, at this very moment I have 151 devices listed in the app, 30 for the Control4 driver and 121 Hue lights.   All can be controlled by the echo. 

If you clear out all devices (forget all), power down the Hue hubs, and do the discovery on Control4, you will only have the 30 items.  Once you power the Hue hubs back up they eventually find their way back into the app.  

I made the mistake of linking the Hue lights with the Echo early on, a mistake, as I cannot get them to go away for any length of time.  I am sure there is some factory reset that would allow it, but have not taken the time to figure that out.

Is there is still a 30 trigger limit for the Control4 driver?    Sounds like the limit has been increased in the echo but maybe Chopdog needs to update the driver to add more triggers.  

On 3/17/2016 at 7:55 PM, Jmugoose30 said:

Is there anyway to remove the Philips hue hub from the echo. When I add new commands to the echo driver in c4 and discover devices it pulls all my Phillip hue bulbs I discovered before the driver was installed in c4.   Since there is a 30 command limit I want to remove them. Forget in the Alexa app removes them only until you go to rediscover added c4 commands. Also the 30 limit isn't terrible if you use all four commands. And commands I haven't seen anyone use is "my wife" or "for what". That way you can say turn on my wife and it dims the lights, turns on the fire place, and plays music. She found it "cute" for a solid 24 hours. And "turn down for what" starts my party mix and turns my hue lights to color cycle

Regarding the Phillips Hue: my Echo won't discover my Hue lights at all. My dealer installed the C4 driver first and it's working fine, but when I try to discover my Phillips Hue lights, the Echo doesn't see them. I've unplugged/replugged both Echo and the hub.

I thought about trying to forget all devices, but I'm worried Echo won't automatically discover my C4 triggers. Any suggestions? 

Is there is still a 30 trigger limit for the Control4 driver?    Sounds like the limit has been increased in the echo but maybe Chopdog needs to update the driver to add more triggers.  

The limit has not been raised

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

sorry all for my lack of responses on this thread...for some reason I stopped getting the email notifications!!?

we are looking into upping the limit...I called Amazon and they are telling me that there is still a 30 device limit...but I may have just gotten someone who doesn't know what they are talking about?  If anyone can find anything (documentation, etc) that confirms the change, please do let me know.

regarding Echo not discovering Hue at all...I did have one other customer who had this issue...turned out that Amazon was able to re-flash the firmware on the Echo and it fixed the issue.  That same issue was causing our driver device discovery not to work as well (not a surprise I suppose...)

lastly...here is a sampling of some of the trigger words/phrases which I've found to work well at my house...you can extrapolate from here on what else might work well:

family room,family room pandora,family room reggae,family room audio, house,house audio,living room music,living room audio,living room lights,living room shades,kitchen,kitchen music,master shades (raise/lower),master blinds (raise/lower),bedroom shades, bedroom music, bedroom television, television, tv, satellite, apple TV, fire TV,kodi, ...

Yeah shades and blinds on its own doesn't work very well for some reason (reserved for future echo internal usage?). However if you put a room name in front of it, such as "living room shades", and then use raise and lower as the commands, it seems to work much better. Did you try that?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, neil12011 said:

I couldn't get "shades" to work AT ALL.

A trigger starting with "shades" is reserved by the API, presumably for future use.

Ari's suggestion of putting the room name in front seems like a good workaround.

I don't know about shades, blinds does not work for raise / lower or up / down but if you use on / off it works fine. I suspect shades will be the same...

I am trying to stay away from room names in front of "blinds", "shades" or anything else as I have setup "turn bedroom on" to change the room that my echo programming applies to (essentially a room variable is set) to the bedroom, "turn living room on" changes the variable so that I know that future commands apply to the living room etc. I then check this variable when the command "turn blinds on" or "turn music on" etc. is given so that C4 applies it to blinds or speakers or lights in the appropriate room. 

Even with the above, I have hit the 30 limit and would live more!

• 2 weeks later...

I just had a customer tell me that "Open" and "Close" work perfectly with our driver.  They initiate the ON and OFF events, respectively.  I never even attempted those!  Great way to control blinds, garage doors, locks, etc...

Archived