C4 Forums | Control4

My Movies (C4 Driver) My Movies Collection Mangement (EV)

After the succesful sorting of the Hik Vision Cameras we now move onto My Movies.

I have used EV My Movies Collection Mangement for yaers and all works well.

However after the upgrade to HC800 and 2.8 software My Movies (C4) comes into play.

We are having some major issues with movies not playing.

Looking at the Room we have both drivers visable - Would this cause issues and should we just have one driiver in the room ?

My dealer is thinking about deleting the My Movies (C4 Driver) to see if  that gets everything working again.

Views please

Sorry trying to understand -

Drives as in separate NAS units as far as MyMovies is concerned? If so - it may be in the path C4 is receiving and/or is set to.

I only use it when there's a server running MyMovies and the server is the storage - however when adding storage, I map the new storage in the server itself - the collection driver doesn't seem to like it otherwise.

mhhh...possibly - but at the same time you say the collection driver is populating - which is the only time C4 'talks' to the MyMovies program - playing the file ignores mymovies as such, it just accesses the NAS/server direct.

My though is more going along the line that the collection management is getting a path from the MyMovies server, but that path isn't correct because MyMovies assumes a path from server to additional NAS units, but C4 doesn't have access to that route.

How best to illustrate....

Mymovies sees: [NASipaddress]/folder/movie

Collection gets: [MyMServeripaddress]/NASdrive/folder/movie

Because the NAS isn't actually mapped as a drive in MyMovies however, that path is invalid.

This is assuming those 'drives' you mentioned are on separate NAS units. Makes any sense?

cy,

The drives are all seprate NAS Drives as such.

All the drives show in my project, so I just did a scan and quick check (Have 2 copies of most movies now !!) however all the

All the C4 files from the scan play, However still have issues with Movie Collection side.

Will drop my dealer a email and wait until we get back from our Holidays.

Thanks for the input

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 8:03 AM, Cyknight said:

mhhh...possibly - but at the same time you say the collection driver is populating - which is the only time C4 'talks' to the MyMovies program - playing the file ignores mymovies as such, it just accesses the NAS/server direct.

My though is more going along the line that the collection management is getting a path from the MyMovies server, but that path isn't correct because MyMovies assumes a path from server to additional NAS units, but C4 doesn't have access to that route.

How best to illustrate....

Mymovies sees: [NASipaddress]/folder/movie

Collection gets: [MyMServeripaddress]/NASdrive/folder/movie

Because the NAS isn't actually mapped as a drive in MyMovies however, that path is invalid.

This is assuming those 'drives' you mentioned are on separate NAS units. Makes any sense?

Makes great sense.

We have loaded all the drives into C4 and I have taken the Collection Management fake driver off line and scan for movies using C4 - These path all work - Yippeee

We then deleted all these files and rebuilt the Collection Management database and we have major hit and miss issues even on the same drive !!

We have checked the path in My Movies on the PC and they are correct.

My dealer as decided to send my project to C4 to see if they is any corruption which could be effecting this - Very Strange

Archived