C4 Forums | Control4

On 2017-01-14 at 2:44 PM, alanchow said:

I can chase it up with Houselogix but you need to provide me with more details (like who your dealer is).  Usually a dealer would open a support ticket via the drivers product page and receive a ticket number when he submits.  Eg

https://www.houselogix.com/shop/plex-full#openModal

Once we have got in contact with your dealer we can go through some troubleshooting steps with them to determine where the problem lies.

My dealer is Advance Electronics in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada.

the first time they called the guy on the phone at houselogix said he would get in contact withe the developer (you) and then call back. He never did, no ticket number was given out. I have been told they have contacted Houseligix many times and never received a call back for this issue. I will send them an email now letting them know hey must call houselogix and get a ticket number. 

16 hours ago, Kidsat said:

My dealer is Advance Electronics in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada.

the first time they called the guy on the phone at houselogix said he would get in contact withe the developer (you) and then call back. He never did, no ticket number was given out. I have been told they have contacted Houseligix many times and never received a call back for this issue. I will send them an email now letting them know hey must call houselogix and get a ticket number. 

I asked Houselogix to look up Advance Electronics Winnipeg (advance.mb.ca) and out of the two registered accounts they own only one has ever submittted a single ticket (Trevor did) and that was not in relation to Plex (it was for Wemo).

Tickets are used for tracking and in the end will not help you.  Basically our helpdesk will need to work with your dealer to determine what the problem is and will require your dealer to provide them with detailed information about the problem and logs capturing the problem for diagnosis.

Get your dealer to submit this information via the open support ticket feature on their website.

https://www.houselogix.com/shop/plex-full#openModal

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2017 at 5:08 PM, Stuart England said:

@alanchow

do you know how to fix / workaround error "There was a problem playing this item" appearing in a red box when using your driver to play content on Amazon Fire 1st gen?

I haven't seen that error before:m.  Is your Apple TV logged into the same Plex account?  If not then we will have to look into it further.  Please submit a ticket with driver logs capturing the problem and a description of the problem.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Kidsat said:

Any update for the Roku Ultra problem? (Does not call plex on Roku to open and start movie when selected).

I have contacted my dealer 3 times and all I am told is no update.

I still haven't heard from your dealer yet about this.  There should be no difference in Roku Ultra and the other Roku's.  The only thing i can think of is perhaps there is a different version of the App on the Ultra and if so then it may be trying to launch the wrong app.  Having said that though we sell quite alot of these Plex drivers so i should have received other complaints by now if that were the case.  Once your dealer contacts us we will begin troubleshooting with them.

On 18/03/2017 at 7:39 AM, Kidsat said:

Any update for the Roku Ultra problem? (Does not call plex on Roku to open and start movie when selected).

I have contacted my dealer 3 times and all I am told is no update.

Lyall has now contacted us.  We will work with them to diagnose your problem.

On 21/03/2017 at 9:08 AM, alanchow said:

Lyall has now contacted us.  We will work with them to diagnose your problem.

I logged into your system.  Lyall did not setup the driver correctly.  The Plex Full driver was pointed to another plex client (microsoft edge) instead of the roku.  Have fixed it now and emailed Lyall with my findings.

• 1 year later...

Hi Alan, 

I have an Nvidia Shield for Plex. The Shield is the Server and also the Player. I also have the IRUSB module with their free C4 driver. My Installer loaded the Full Plex Driver. The content is displayed on the T3 panel but clicking it will not start Playback. Driver central say the Shield is not supported and we should use an Amazon Firestick or Roku. Is there any way to make this Driver work with a Shield?

Just now, Cyberspider said:

Hi Alan, 

I have an Nvidia Shield for Plex. The Shield is the Server and also the Player. I also have the IRUSB module with their free C4 driver. My Installer loaded the Full Plex Driver. The content is displayed on the T3 panel but clicking it will not start Playback. Driver central say the Shield is not supported and we should use an Amazon Firestick or Roku. Is there any way to make this Driver work with a Shield?

At this stage Plex Full does not have the IRUSB code built in.  As such we cannot launch Plex programatically.  It is on my todo list but at this stage we are looking at minimum September before i can do this update.

If however you keep Plex open it will work.

• 4 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:15 AM, alanchow said:

At this stage Plex Full does not have the IRUSB code built in.  As such we cannot launch Plex programatically.  It is on my todo list but at this stage we are looking at minimum September before i can do this update.

If however you keep Plex open it will work.

Alan - has the Plex Full driver been updated to fully support IRUSB yet?  I'm a user of your KODI full but been making the change over to Plex but can't make the jump until direct app launch works. Alternately, if this works in conjunction with video-storm's IRUSB driver I suppose it could still work.  Running plex clients on both Shields and FireTV 4ks

6 hours ago, poisenoire said:

Alan - has the Plex Full driver been updated to fully support IRUSB yet?  I'm a user of your KODI full but been making the change over to Plex but can't make the jump until direct app launch works. Alternately, if this works in conjunction with video-storm's IRUSB driver I suppose it could still work.  Running plex clients on both Shields and FireTV 4ks

We have pushed this back for now as we have been inundated with contracts from manufacturers. Good news more free drivers from us.  Bad news our own IP gets pushed back.

It definately needs an update from our end and its something i'm hoping to do during my christmas holidays.

1 hour ago, alanchow said:

We have pushed this back for now as we have been inundated with contracts from manufacturers. Good news more free drivers from us.  Bad news our own IP gets pushed back.

It definately needs an update from our end and its something i'm hoping to do during my christmas holidays.

Thanks Alan and understand.

In the meantime is it possible to use the video storm IRUSB driver in conjunction with Plex full driver or does that create a conflict?  I am mostly concerned with two things:

1. Ability to launch movies from C4 navigators to plex directly (and get rid of kodi and dune player solutions)

2. control of basic plex interface (up, down, play, pause, etc...) when in plex app.

This is all running on shields and / or Firetv

21 hours ago, poisenoire said:

Thanks Alan and understand.

In the meantime is it possible to use the video storm IRUSB driver in conjunction with Plex full driver or does that create a conflict?  I am mostly concerned with two things:

1. Ability to launch movies from C4 navigators to plex directly (and get rid of kodi and dune player solutions)

2. control of basic plex interface (up, down, play, pause, etc...) when in plex app.

This is all running on shields and / or Firetv

That will make for a poor experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Somewhat of an IRUSB question but it relates for binding the mini apps to the main driver. I have a nvidia shield that is local to my family room and 2 2nd gen firetv connected to my video matrix. I can get the following mini apps to work with my shield: netflix, kodi, prime video, youtube. But for my other rooms I would like to get it working on the firetvs. Only netflix and kodi work on them so I assume I need to change the app ids for prime video and youtube. Tried searching around and found a few others that posted different ones to put in the mini app properties but no luck. So what is the best way to find out what those are? I know on the original firetv driver you could turn on debugging and launch the app and it spit it out but didnt have luck doing it with the IRUSB driver or kodi driver

I contacted videostorm and they said (paraphrasing) that they may try to create a tool that generates the app id. 

I was lucky to get the right app id for a side loaded amazon prime video app (to work in canada on an American purchased fire tv) in a relatively short amount of time.  I was unsuccessful in trying to find other app id's that work when trying to launch with a custom mini app driver.

In hindsight... this should probably be in another thread

I'm using Plex on my Sony TV with the Plex server on FreeNAS.

I used DLNA from Plex but it lacks search (Plex's DLNA client doesn't allow searching) so when in C4 I want to use DLNA I can select songs to play in a room, but cannot search.

I was told to get Plex Full but for $200 and the thought that Plex 'could' add search in DLNA it doesn't seem justified.

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to see if anyone has experienced similar issues - maybe there's a simple solution?

I'm using the Plex Full driver on a Roku Ultra box.  Everything was installed and working perfectly until last week or so when Roku updated their UI.  Previously, hitting Plex Control on the remote would switch to Roku and launch the Plex app with full direction and selection control.

Once Roku updated their software, now when I select Plex Control, the Plex app is launched on the Roku but control is dead.  I can't move or select anything.  However, if I go to the Roku driver on the remote, I can launch the Plex app and have full control as normal - so communication isn't broken and all IP's are right.

I've tried rebooting everything with no luck and nothing has changed in the software.  Overnight it stopped working.  Hopefully there is a quick fix or a software update?  I do have the driverCentral cloud driver set to autoupdate.

Any help is appreciated.

Don

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2019 at 2:40 PM, poisenoire said:

Hi Alan any luck on IRUSB support?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Haven't started yet.  We are currently handling development for all the new free drivers that is to be launched at ISE Expo in Feb.

• 1 month later...

BuddyC - Did you ever figure out the problem?  I had the same thing happen to me, and I am just now getting around to looking at it.  

I'm dead in the water with library control.  Will ping dealer...

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 2:31 AM, BuddyC said:

I wanted to see if anyone has experienced similar issues - maybe there's a simple solution?

I'm using the Plex Full driver on a Roku Ultra box.  Everything was installed and working perfectly until last week or so when Roku updated their UI.  Previously, hitting Plex Control on the remote would switch to Roku and launch the Plex app with full direction and selection control.

Once Roku updated their software, now when I select Plex Control, the Plex app is launched on the Roku but control is dead.  I can't move or select anything.  However, if I go to the Roku driver on the remote, I can launch the Plex app and have full control as normal - so communication isn't broken and all IP's are right.

I've tried rebooting everything with no luck and nothing has changed in the software.  Overnight it stopped working.  Hopefully there is a quick fix or a software update?  I do have the driverCentral cloud driver set to autoupdate.

Any help is appreciated.

Don

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.