dnj

Ring Video Doorbell Alternative??? Yale "Look"

Sounds like the Zigbee version will be a few months later.  No mention of integration with C4

This looks pretty cool but then what do you do about your existing doorbell?  Most people will look for the usual place for the doorbell.

Agreed. My doorbell is on the wall left of my front doors. Im not crazy about the LCD monitor and technically i dont need it but i dont think the camera can exist without it assuming its it power source.

Only advantage is that is will be available with zigbee and Im sure an API will be available....unlike Ring... which i would prefer overall.

19 hours ago, Alex Lewis said:

Doorbird works very well, I'm a dealer and happy to supply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Alex,

Have you done any integration with C4. I remember looking at them a little while back but there were some complaints of lagging audio and low resolution. Hopefully that's been fixed. I do see that there is an API and someone got the video feed working in blue iris which is great. 

No testing with integration with C4 at this stage, but will do soon, there is a driver from HouseLogix. Unit works well resolution is only 720, but good angle from a door entry point, good product.

They are available blue water, happy to help out with supply if required.

Not zigbee, wifi/Ethernet. It sends video, zigbee is small packets of data like button presses.