C4 Forums | Control4

2.8.1 icons

kajphotos

On 7 February 2016 at 7:38 PM, South Africa C4 user said:

Great stuff! Thanks

I fixed it myself - I got bored of waiting --  It was actually just the location off the images that was incorrect in the driver - took a whole 30 seconds....  

If you want it now; ask you dealer to replace the driver with this one:

Apple_TV_IP.c4z

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Cyknight said:

It MAY create some grief in the long run - in the sense that editing that likely messes with the auto update and or driver manager feature. Then again, you can always swap the driver again later.

The auto update feature should work still as long as the filename is still the same and the driverworks code is not messed with.  Though any changes made to the original driver will be lost upon update.

12 hours ago, alanchow said:

The auto update feature should work still as long as the filename is still the same and the driverworks code is not messed with.  Though any changes made to the original driver will be lost upon update.

That's why I said may, not will ^_^

That and 'shoulda, coulda, woulda' :)

On February 9, 2016 at 11:16 PM, RobbieF said:

I fixed it myself - I got bored of waiting --  It was actually just the location off the images that was incorrect in the driver - took a whole 30 seconds....  

Apple_TV_IP.c4z

Thanks Robbie, I gave up waiting on C4 Quality Control and used your driver... Works perfectly... Will be watching to see if the auto update works when C4 ultimately releases a fix

• 3 weeks later...
On February 9, 2016 at 2:16 PM, RobbieF said:

Apple_TV_IP.c4z

Thanks for this - I finally have the new Apple icons!

5 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Just checking. You are aware that C4 did finally release an update that fixed this...

I thought I had it, but I still didn't see the new icon until I used Robbie's version.

8 hours ago, Cyknight said:

After the latest update, the main controller HAS to be rebooted to load the new images.

I had power cycled the controller after the C4 driver update and nav refresh.  I didn't see the icons change.  Swapped in Robbie's version and power cycled again and saw the new icons.  Don't know why I didn't see them before, but at least I have them now.

Archived