C4 Forums | Control4

Intercom License

RobbieF

I've got an HC800 and  HC250....   How would I check whether they have intercom licences?

If they don't; can I just get a dealer to request these; and will they be free?

If not; could i buy an EA1 bundle; which comes with the Intercom licences?????

Check the part number on the bottom of the HC800, C4-HC800-BL-1 notice the 1 on the end. These controllers have licenses bundled with them.

The EA1 can be a main controller but you can not use any other controllers with it as secondary ones. The licenses need to be on the main controller so buying one of these won't help you.

• 7 months later...

I have an 800... June 2014. Checked the 4sight and no intercom licence. What gives here? I'm not pulling the 800 out of the rack to check some silly no. Can someone remind me? It's been so long since I looked at this..is this stuff of some controllerssome did have intercom licences and some don't still going on? Even with outdated gear now?  .Seriously? Thanks

Sure. I get that. Thanks guys. But come on guys.. It's 2016. The 800 is now old gear. I also have 2 compatible touchscreens (albeit old). Total price paid about 5,000 AUD. that is not a small amount of money!!!! I own them all darn it all and have paid legit money via legit circles here.. But I have never had the intercom working properly. Wait, I think I tried once with a temporary license or something when they first came out??? But I can't really remember now. I mean geeez throw a guy a bone here. I just want to try it out again to see if it works! How many hoops? Why would they not just issue everyone with this gear an automatic license? Why make it so friggen difficult all the time? Haven't they sorted this already? It's like as if people don;t have enough on their plates? 

Forget it! stuffing around with C4 licenses...!!! (again)  I mean enough already. Why not make it child's play and make em walk off the shelf? It;s too darn difficult all the time. I just assumed this had now been sorted. My bad. I'm sorry. But It aint worth it! Better things to do with my life. geeeeez :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, wappinghigh said:

Sure. I get that. Thanks guys. But come on guys.. It's 2016. The 800 is now old gear. I also have 2 compatible touchscreens (albeit old). Total price paid about 5,000 AUD. that is not a small amount of money. I own them all darn it all and have paid legit money via legit circles here.. But I have never had the intercom working properly. Wait, I think I tried once with a temporary license or something when they first came out??? But I can't really remember now. I mean geeez throw a guy a bone here. I just want to try it out again to see if it works! How many hoops? Why would they not just issue everyone with this gear an automatic license? Why make it so friggen difficult all the time? Haven't they sorted this already? It's like as if people don;t have enough on their plates? 

The reason is that when you bought an HC-800 the cost was lower then the new price that included the license.  Control4 "fixed" the problem going forward by increasing the price for everyone regardless of their use of the intercom.  

You did not pay the increased price, and from the sounds of the above, you may not have purchased the license.  Control4 recommends having your dealer contact their sales rep.  There are solutions for this.

Archived