C4 Forums | Control4

Volume slider and music track seek bar...

9800pro

Many customers already asked me this so here is me passing the word...

First, a volume slider on wall and table top screens. As suggested mute button isn't a solution and what good is a 10 inch screen if i have to tap like mad man on half of square cm to lower the volume.

Second, give us a music track seek bar so we can skip throughout the track to favorite part. Couple of customers already passed using C4 gui for music and instead use Sonos gui.

I don't think those two would take a huge effort from C4 programmers but maybe I'm mistaking...

It isn't so simple... I wish it where. First off it's not a programmer issue, but rather a OS issue. We used to have sliders, but many devices don't work well with sliders. Sonos or any orther brand that has control of every device can make sliders work, and I too wish we could make them work well. But because c4 needs to integrate with 1000's of devices I think they removed it so they didn't have to deal with the inconsistencies of every device. Maybe something more like yamahas sliders, where it adjust incremental up to the point you are holding it too would work. So basically, I am with you, but yes "it's not so simple"!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes i know Android has it in horizontal mode, and its very handy.

As new controllers and screens are Android based its shouldn't be that difficult to integrate it...probably :)

At least make it show also vertically in Android app...

@alanchow We are having some difficulties getting access to official forum, its been handled by our distributor.

9 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

don't ask why just know its there

3 hours ago, 9800pro said:

At least make it show also vertically in Android app...

Real estate plain and simple reason for how that works. This si no different than the control bar along the bottom being different in landscape and portrait and so on.

Every time I see the speaker icon on the iOS app I keep pressing it expecting a volume slider dropdown. There is not one app I have used that uses these stupid + - buttons instead of a slider. Annoys me to no end. When someone had mentioned that they had sliders in landscape mode I got all excited only to find out that was only on the android app. :angry:

As far as real estate goes, I don't see how that would be an issue. I see multiple ways that it could be implemented. As petty as it may seem these things actually to make the user experience all that much better.

Archived