C4 Forums | Control4

Apple Watch App

ILoveC4

I'm LOVING the Apple Watch app. A couple of requests though.

Lighting Scenes - Why no access to these?

Custom Buttons - Can we have the ability to create "Custom Buttons" that are available ONLY on the watch? As a work around I created a room called "Watch" and put a bunch of custom buttons in there, but we shouldn't have to find a work around.

Otherwise, great work on the app C4. I'm diggin it!

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a special setup to get the app to work on the apppe watch?

my system is on 2.8.1, my watch is up to date and my iPhone is up to date but all I get is a spinning wheel on the watch when I try and open the Apple Watch C4 app. 

Ive tried rebooting the watch and the iPhone but same results all the time. 

Any help you can offer would be appreciated. Thanks. 

I've tried everything with no luck so far. 

Removed app and reinstalled

rebooted controller

rebooted Apple Watch and iphone

phone and watch are up to date with latest Apple software

project is running 2.8.1  

not sure how else to get this Apple Watch working with my system  if anyone can offer any other suggestions I'm all ears  

mall I get is a white spinning wheel on the Apple Watch  

Hold the home button and the side button till your phone shuts dwn and let the buttons go soon as you see the apple .. That's a hard reset .. If that don't works go into you iPhone settings then go to general scroll till you see reset then select reset all settings..... Unfortunately you will have to re input your wifi password...  If that don't work last option is go into your watch app and unpair your watch and then set the watch back up back up .. But before you die that on your watch bring up the screen were you have the shut down option then hold the bottom button till it goes away then try to launch the c4 app ....

I had this same issue... In my case, I just kept uninstalling and reinstalling until it finally worked.  I've seen similar problems on watch apps in the past.  Something in the install process just doesn't go right all the time and it won't work.  For me, I had to uninstall and then reinstall, and leave the iPhone Watch app up while it did the install and not let the watch go to sleep during the install.  Even that didn't work 100%.  I had to do a few uninstalls and reinstalls before it finally got installed correctly.  After that, it's been 100%.

My biggest complaint about the watch app is that there's no way to initiate "listen" or "watch" actions.  I want to be able to be in my office and choose listen -> Pandora and have that startup.  The "Media" section of the watch app is really lacking.  

BTW, you can get to lighting scenes.  Just go into the room you want in the lighting section, then force-tap.  It'll give you the option of "lights" or "scenes".  Choose one, then you're all set.

On February 5, 2016 at 1:41 PM, ILoveC4 said:

I'm LOVING the Apple Watch app. A couple of requests though.

Lighting Scenes - Why no access to these?

Custom Buttons - Can we have the ability to create "Custom Buttons" that are available ONLY on the watch? As a work around I created a room called "Watch" and put a bunch of custom buttons in there, but we shouldn't have to find a work around.

Otherwise, great work on the app C4. I'm diggin it!

dud you do this in home addition or did your dealer have to do this?

I think you can create custom buttons in Home Edition but I'm not 100% sure. I know you can program them once they're added. You will need your dealer to create the room...you can't do that with HE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed/uninstalled 5+ times, rebooted watch and phone At least 10 times, same network, all software is up to date, resynced my system and even unpaired my watch and repaired with my phone and the app still doesn't work. I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I give up. 

• 2 months later...

I have a different problem. My apple watch app was working fine until recently. Then it stopped controlling stuff. For e.g., if I turned a light on, the app on my watch will show that it turned on, but if you look at the same light on the phone app at the same time, it will not change to "ON" nor will the light actually turn on. The same with OFF. The watch will show "OFF", but nothing changes on the phone or the actual light. It used to work fine. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and then I had difficulty as it would just sit at "setting your system up" and wheel circling. That went away and the app is now visible and i can go to the different rooms. It just doesn't actually do what it is supposed to do.

Any ideas??

The phone app works fine (both on wifi and on LTE outside the house)

AFTER ABOUT AN HOUR OR SO, IT STARTED WORKING ON ITS OWN. HAPPY, BUT FRUSTRATED.

Archived