C4 Forums | Control4

OS 2.9 Wishlist

control4user007

OS 2.9 Wishlist

Thought I would create another one of these.  Post any and all improvements you can think of.  Maybe C4 will read them - or a dealer can pass it along through the proper channels.  Ill occasionally look through and collect all of the items in this top post.  

If you want to look at the previous wish list for OS 2.8:   http://www.c4forums.com/topic/17040-feature-update-wishlist-for-28/

1. Open C4 OS SDK (so everyone can help better the C4 OS).

2. Merge Drivers and the old flash apps to be one.  Combining the DriverWorks and Proxy access of a driver with the UI flexibility of a flash App.

3. Ditch flash interface for all controllers (offer HTML5 based UI instead of myHome App for PC)

4. Integration of web based media management (Plex, Emby) in lieu of Composer Media 

5. Bookmarks for T3 and EA controllers

6. Access to timers (info and control) from proxy

7. Replace StartHere! app on T3 and EA controllers

8. Multiple screensaver instances, assign specific UI device to screensaver instance

9. Some Custom Home option for T3 and EA controllers

10. Overhaul of Wakeup Agent

11. Ability to choose icons for all drivers / menu options

12. Ability for any user to write drivers (access to driver works / C4 SDK), and setup community to share drivers (i.e. on GitHub)

13. Web browser built into interfaces (On-Screen, Touchscreens, portables, etc.)

14. Access to selected variables (info and control) from the navigator.  I.e. A variable editor area with a open text space where one can programaticly give instructions / feedback on what the current variable value means.

15. Fixing the Collection Management driver (longer timeout required - preferably a variable)

16. Updating the Pentair pool driver to fix reported bugs

17. Apple iTunes driver

- Fixing reported bugs

- Upgrade to use new Music proxy 

- Upgrade to new Movies proxy, so can import iTunes movies into C4 interface - select a movie and have it Airplay to ATV in current zone

- Allow single iTunes instance to Airplay to Multiple airplay endpoints (e.g. 2 different WMB connected to 2 different A/V receivers in 2 different zones)

18. Custom Home should be controllable from Composer

19. Ability to broadcast your voice from a Touchscreen to selected speakers.

20. Ability to route a phone call through to a Touchscreen

21. Native ability to take snapshots from cameras and email them (essentially DS2 functionality for all cameras and intercoms)

22. Ability to choose a second camera when making an intercom link (DS2 functionality)

23. Ability to add custom buttons to an intercom call (again DS2 functionality)

24. Restore sensor state after director reboot (possibly done with History Agent, need someone to confirm)

25. Integrate Intercom / SIP functionality into Native C4 iOS app 

- Allow ability to remotely call / broadcast to intercom in house from anywhere (could require 4Sight)

- Allow TS to send a Call/Push Notification to iOS Phone, and then phone could call that specific TS

26. Native GeoFencing with C4 iOS app so phone can setup geo fence zones,  name them, they update in Composer, and now have ability to trigger programatic actions based on enter / exit 

27. Ability to auto-renew 4Sight subscription (plug CC or paypal into  customer.control4.com)

28. Search and play music / videos from (Google drive, Dropbox, Box.com, OneDrive, or any other cloud storage)

29. Have C4 enable the custom buttons on all intercoms... Not just doorstations.

30. Update Dune Driver so that Solo 4k users can specify if they want the ISO or Blue Ray lite version to play

31. Native Apple Music Integration

32. Windows Control4 App (with a more customizable UI)

33. Ability to EASILY give a specific user (kids, maid, gardener) access to specific rooms

34. Ability to choose between TV Speakers or Surround Sound System natively (without dummy rooms)

35. Volume Slider on touchscreens

36. Music Seek bar on touchscreen 

37. Widgets on TS screensavers (current weather, news feed, calendar)

38. Deliver Hayward Omnilogic Integration

39. A Free Whistle (taken care of by RyanE) ;) 

40. Tidal or Deezer included with 4Sight subscription

41. Copy capability for navigators settings (watch, listen, cameras, etc.) to apply to other navigators

42. Configurable Widget for iOS app to allow Now Playing, Configurable buttons / functions, etc. in the pull down menu (notification center?)

43. The ability to make a camera popup on screen based on a trigger.. kinda how bookmarks work now.. on the older gear

44. Advanced Blinds proxy.  So you can see current status of blinds/shades.

45. Diagnostic tool for Leaf video matrix from where you can view live connections with the video balloons, video signals, and trubleshoot.

1)

I would like to see C4 ditching flash for all controllers and offering HTML5 based control instead of that stupid myHome App for PC.

2) Integration of web based media management ala Plex or Emby instead of using the media part if Composer

3) option to purchase/lease Composer Pro for those who want it :-)

Reposting here in the hope C4 reads this :-)

1. Bookmarks for the T3 and EA series

2. Access to timers (info and control)  via a timer proxy 

3. A replacement for the StartHere! App on the T3s and EAs

4. Multiple instances of Screensavers so that you can use a different library of photos on different navigators

5. Something like the Custom Home option (but better) for EA and T3s

6. Bug fixes (I can think of a few although we all probably know of different bugs that are our bugbears)

7. And I second the idea if an overhaul for the wakeup agent

8. The ability to choose our own icons for all drivers and menu options.

• 3 months later...

Ability for owners, who have day jobs as programmers, to build their own drivers using driver editor to share with the community.

This is a huge benefit to Control4 as the more devices which have drivers means more people who were holding back due to lack of support for their products are likely to invest in a Control4 system once a driver for their products is available.

An Open Source GitHub style driver repository.

e.g. Control4 released a DMX RGB Driver which controls 1 light but I wanted it to control 40 at the same time.

The only solution was to add 40 of the drivers and then hide them in the navigator and create pre-defined scenes for them which is less flexible that I would like it to be.

The Control4 released DMX RGB Driver is also encrypted so I was not able to get the driver modified to do what I wanted.

Which DMX driver are you using?  If it's the Entec one, then ya, you can't do that with the driver other than what you implemented.

I'd suggest the DMX driver on Houselogix, there is a group driver that you can add many loads to act as one.

May be they want the touchscreens to have a built-in browser so you don't have to reach for another device.  Not that I see the need but just guessing.

1 hour ago, SMHarman said:

Where is the sarcasm tags on that.

Im trying to think what internet I would want on my HC that I could not get on my phone / pc / tablet etc.

[sarcasm]What's sarcasm?[\sarcasm]

:ph34r:

Mind you, I agree - I see no practical need to have a browser on my TV or TScreen

On 5/17/2016 at 7:43 PM, sally said:

May be they want the touchscreens to have a built-in browser so you don't have to reach for another device.  Not that I see the need but just guessing.

You are right. Actually one of my client need that option on the touchscreen

@control4user007 you are doing a good job consolidating these... Thank you!

Some additional items:

1. Access to selected variables (info and control) from the navigator.  I.e. A variable editor area with a open text space where one can programaticly give instructions / feedback on what the current variable value means.

2. Fixing the Collection Management driver (longer timeout required - preferably a variable)

3. Updating the Pentair pool driver to fix reported bugs

4. Fixing reported bugs in the Apple iTunes driver

5. Custom Home should be controllable from Composer

6. Ability to broadcast your voice from a Touchscreen to selected speakers.

7. Ability to route a phone call through to a Touchscreen

8. Native ability to take snapshots from cameras and email them (essentially DS2 functionality for all cameras and intercoms)

9. Ability to choose a second camera when making an intercom link (DS2 functionality)

10. Ability to add custom buttons to an intercom call (again DS2 functionality)

Really hope control4 reads this thread... Matt? Ryan?

And one more...

Have the controller store the last state and access time of locks, sensors, contacts and relays so that after a reboot they are all in the same state as prior to a reboot and so that you can still see when they last changed (ignoring the reboot). With the number of driver automatic updates that now happen, my director is rebooting at least once a week (or so it feels). Maybe the EA series has fixed this... I am replacing one of my HC800s with an EA5 on Monday.  Can't wait!

And one more...

Have the controller store the last state and access time of locks, sensors, contacts and relays so that after a reboot they are all in the same state as prior to a reboot and so that you can still see when they last changed (ignoring the reboot). With the number of driver automatic updates that now happen, my director is rebooting at least once a week (or so it feels). Maybe the EA series has fixed this... I am replacing one of my HC800s with an EA5 on Monday.  Can't wait!

I am pretty sure this is possible with the new history agent already.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Are we close to 2.9 coming out - As things are getting boring

2.8.2 - April 5 2016

2.8.1 - Jan 26 2016

2.8.0 - Oct 14 2015

2.7.2 - Jun 25 2015

2.7.1 - May 5 2015

2.7.0 - March 24 2015

2.6.0 - Sept 10 2014

Judging from the last few 2.X releases, I'd say about every 6 months between major version releases - so hopefully soon (or at least a preview and launch date)!

7 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Are we close to 2.9 coming out - As things are getting boring

I think what you *want* from an automation system is to be boring most of the time...

:)

No official news (or feature list) on 2.9 release, but it is coming along nicely, and I'm running it at my home.

RyanE

Afraid I like my job a bit too much to do that.

Besides, the features *I* like best in new releases are always updates and new functionality in DriverWorks, which, unless you're a driver developer, isn't nearly as exciting.

:)

RyanE

Archived