C4 Forums | Control4

Synapse FollowMe

5 minutes ago, ptome said:

That reliability problem is the main reason I have pretty much abandoned the driver for the ITFFF driver.

Phil said in May that he made some changes so it doesn't look for the licensing server as often.  But it looks like whatever timer I'm on, you're on the same timer.  A timer that doesn't know CEDIA is going on now lol.  After hearing how IFTTT uses less battery and is more accurate, I need to explore other options too.

FWIW, I opened a case with Houselogix this morning but I don't think they have direct control over this server.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not having an issue with this driver right now.

Haven't gone to 2.9 yet however on 2.8.2

I tried the IFTTT driver for the free 48hr period and my iPhone battery was draining like mad because the location feature was on almost constantly because of the 

IFTTT driver. When I turned off location for that app the arrow location icon disappears from phone.

3 minutes ago, prabeau said:

I am not having an issue with this driver right now.

Haven't gone to 2.9 yet however on 2.8.2

I tried the IFTTT driver for the free 48hr period and my iPhone battery was draining like mad because the location feature was on almost constantly because of the 

IFTTT driver. When I turned off location for that app the arrow location icon disappears from phone.

That's not good, as I can't afford to switch to anything that drains the battery more.  You might want to place a support ticket on that. Look at the discussion starting here--

No way this thing should be doing that to you if working as designed.  On the other hand, I understand now why FollowMe has issues no matter how much you tweak the settings or use "Smart Polling".

I had read this.

But the location feature would not give up. Since I am a Mac IOS user there is not much I can use for recipes on IFTTT with my small project and this was a killer.

I have had occasional issues with follow me but draining my battery is a non starter. The programming of away (distance) is also a pain having to create all these points on IFTTT

6 minutes ago, prabeau said:

I had read this.

But the location feature would not give up. Since I am a Mac IOS user there is not much I can use for recipes on IFTTT with my small project and this was a killer.

I have had occasional issues with follow me but draining my battery is a non starter. The programming of away (distance) is also a pain having to create all these points on IFTTT

We have not seen any significant difference on battery drain on the devices we moved from FollowMe over to IFTTT.   I also find that the IFTTT programming is a pain, you can't even copy recipes, but once our main points are set up (4 - 8 per device) we are set, we generally don't change that.

1 minute ago, ptome said:

We have not seen any significant difference on battery drain on the devices we moved from FollowMe over to IFTTT.   I also find that the IFTTT programming is a pain, you can't even copy recipes, but once our main points are set up (4 - 8 per device) we are set, we generally don't change that.

I am happy for those who haven't had the issue but no matter what I did or change the App and recipe where the culprits on location finding running constantly. Sticking with the evil I know (so to speak)

59 minutes ago, bk said:

I'm finding the IFTTT unreliable. Sometimes I need to open the app on my iPhone for it to update the status hours after I've left an area.

Just my experience so far!

For IFTTT to work, you must leave the app running at all times.   If you close the app it will not act on any of the triggers that come from your phone such as location changes, photos updates and whatever can be triggered from activity on the phone.

On 9/17/2016 at 10:34 AM, StroTek LLC said:

The message I am getting is : " Update failed. Not connected to System Manager "

when I click on install update

I'll take a stab at this.  I've actually got a related question into Houselogix support I sent last week but I don't have any response yet.

Do you have the "Synapse System Manager" in your project?  That might be required for an update to happen.

40 minutes ago, StroTek LLC said:

I do not.. and I dont see the driver.. where would I obtain it?

It should be part of the driver package you can download from Houselogix.  I don't remember when I ended up with it as I had the driver before it went through Houselogix and went through the switchover.

I just got verification it is required.

On 9/16/2016 at 7:26 PM, ptome said:

For IFTTT to work, you must leave the app running at all times.   If you close the app it will not act on any of the triggers that come from your phone such as location changes, photos updates and whatever can be triggered from activity on the phone.

This isn't the case, mine execute without the app running. 

Archived