C4 Forums | Control4

IP Cameras - best integration

Glloyd77

7 hours ago, Drake0508 said:

Quick question. With Blue Iris, or any others integrations with cameras other than Hikvision or Lilin, what does the integration allow? I reallly want to have my camera feeds show up on my touchscreens. Are these other integrations simply motion based or alerts through the C4 system? Or will the video feeds be able to show on the C4 touchscreens or even the C4 app?

If a camera is supported within Blue Iris you can see it in the basic c4 environment like the app, touchscreens and on a tv if you have on screen navigators.  

Blue iris lets your program with motion activation and stuff and you can send that feedback to control4 to trigger actions. There are 6-7 recording modes and c4 can trigger changes.  I have 2 recording modes - when I am home only exterior cameras are recording.  When I'm away or alarm goes off all cameras will record.  Blue iris has the ability to set these modes and actions within a c4 system (aka alarm triggers) can make the changes in C4

hope that helps

On 4/5/2016 at 8:19 AM, cgl said:

Any suggestions where to buy hikvision stuff in canada? 

Be aware of a huge grey market in unauthorized non-English firmware Hikvision cameras on Amazon and the like at prices that appear to good to be true. Canadian dealers can get these for you - send me a PM.

I have recently started using Blue Iris and it is a fantastic product for the price.  It also allows you to use pretty much any IP camera and then view them in C4.

There is a forum called IPCamTalk that has a lot of info on cameras and Blue Iris.  Some of the folks there seem to really like the Dahua Starlight cameras these days as the best performer per $.  There are some dealers on the forum that will ship the cameras for a good price - I think they are based in HK.

There is a free Blue Iris driver for C4 that gives the ability to view cameras.  And there is a third party driver from Audio Obsessions that gives all sorts of additional functionality.

2 hours ago, lippavisual said:

Dahua makes the cameras for tons of so-called manufacturers, including LTS, Hik, Dahua

Last I heard HIK makes Lorex, Swann, LTS, FLIR and more - Dahua and HIK AFAIK are direct competitors in that regard.

• 2 months later...
On 4/5/2016 at 8:19 AM, cgl said:

Any suggestions where to buy hikvision stuff in canada? 

In Canada? Where exactly in Canada? we buy them in TRI-ED, ADI, JET-View, in Canada, BC, Vancouver. 

So I have been reading the discussion for a bit and I now want to take a poll.  I purchased HIK vision cameras and a corresponding NVR.  I am thinking of returning them and going to Lilin solely for simplicity of integration into C4.  A quick poll but would you stick with HIKVision or go to Lilin solely for integration into Control4 systems?  I am looking for personal opinions not really right or wrong.  Thoughts?

So this is a loaded question but which of the Lilin cameras that Control4 sells would you use for residential security or would you purchase others not sold by C4.  Not really a need for PTZ but not a bad feature.  8 - 10 cameras total.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Archived